--- Click here to read previous letters from John Currie
Dear Wildcat Nation,
Welcome (back) to the Sweet 16! Congratulations to Coach Martin and the team and staff for their terrific performances in both Oklahoma City and Kansas City. Coach Martin and the team, President Schulz and I are all so grateful for the tremendous support of the K-State Nation which turned both cities purple!
March Madness is an appropriate term for many reasons! In addition to the excitement of the games on the court, our staff is working hard with the details of the team’s trip, making sure that our fan needs are handled, as well as supporting all of the other “regular” activities and competitions taking place in the department. Let me highlight a couple items that you make have seen recently on www.kstatesports.com.
- Today’s Pep Rally: Thanks to initiative of the Big 12’s best alumni association and KMAN/KROCK, we are having a free pep rally live from Bramlage tonight from 6:00-6:30 p.m. The west side doors will open at 5:45 p.m.
- Sweet 16 Tickets: We still have a few tickets available for Salt Lake City. The absolute cut-off to order is 5 p.m. today and orders must be done online at www.kstatesports.com.
- Final Four Contingencies: If you are an Ahearn Fund member and have not placed a contingent order for Final Four tickets through www.kstatesports.com the deadline has been extended to Friday March 26 at noon. If we are fortunate enough to advance to the Final Four we will partner with the K-State Alumni Association to provide hotel and travel options at the official NCAA properties. Please pay close attention to www.kstatesports.com for more information as it becomes available.
- All-Americans: Congratulations are due to Beverly Ramos and Erik Kynard who earned All-America recognition in the recent NCAA indoor track meet in the 5,000m and high jump events respectively!
- Baseball is Back: Coach Hill’s team recently entered the top 25 and now has a record of 15-3. The Big 12 season starts this weekend with Oklahoma State visiting beautiful Tointon Family Stadium- game times are 6:30 p.m. Friday, 2 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday.
- Tennis at Home: Coach Bietau and our women’s tennis team will also be in action at home on Sunday as they take on Iowa State at 1 p.m.
- Spring football is also upon us. Coach Snyder and the squad begin practice on March 31 and will conclude workouts with the annual spring game at 6:10 p.m. on April 24.
We want to also remind you that 2010 football renewals and ticket packages are now available. We have provided several terrific options for all fans with incentives to order early, including a $599 four-pack season ticket if ordered before April 30 and a free gift if season tickets are renewed by April 9.
Be sure to check www.k-statesports.com for all prices, options and packages it’s going to be an exciting 2010 season and we want you to be a part of it!
Tell John: Click Here to share your thoughts with AD John Currie
Always tune in to www.k-statesports.com for the most up-to-date information regarding our athletics programs and check back later this spring as we continue to announce new features and improvements that will enhance our overall fan experience!
This is such an exciting time for all K-Staters. Thank you for your continued support and we will see you in Salt Lake City.