June 11, 2014
MANHATTAN, Kan. - K-StateHD.TV, the nation’s most-watched institutionally branded digital network, scored a Big 12-best seven awards at the 2014 SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards Banquet held in Atlanta, Georgia.
In addition to nominations out of a national pool in the categories of Outstanding Live Game and Event Production (WBB vs. OU) and Outstanding Program Series (K-State’s 150th Celebration video series), the K-StateHD.TV staff won five honorable mention recognitions in the following categories:
• Outstanding Live Game and Event Production (Collegiate Athletics) – K-State Gameday pregame show (FB vs Iowa State).
• Outstanding Live Game and Event Production (Collegiate Athletics) – KSHDTV in-game update (FB vs West Virginia).
• Outstanding Special Feature (Collegiate Athletics) – Fresh Prince of Manhattan Skit.
Watch "Fresh Prince of Manhattan Skit"
• Outstanding Special Feature (Collegiate Athletics) – Parents’ Perspective (Rodney McGruder parents).
• Outstanding Promotion, PSA, Tease, or Marketing Campaign (Collegiate Athletics) – 2014 K-State Baseball Season Ticket campaign.
“I am thrilled for our staff to gain the national recognition they have worked so hard to earn,” said Brian Smoller, Director of K-StateHD.TV. “Our entire staff, full-time, part-time, and student workers, embodies the true K-State spirit with blue-collar hard work done largely behind the scenes.”
The most-watched school-specific network on the CBS platform since its inception in 2011, K-StateHD.TV produced more than 900 videos (nearly 300 hours) this past season, 160 live events and 24 live events for FOX platforms utilizing K-State Athletics, university staff in addition to student interns.
The staff is comprised of Smoller, Assistant Director Andy Liebsch, Video Producer Preston Koerner, Assistant Video Producer Jay Moline, Senior Engineer Norm Burge and numerous student interns.
Visit www.k-statehd.tv to view the above-mentioned features as well as hundreds of other programs. K-StateHD.TV will exclusively televise the August 30 football season opener against Stephen F. Austin. Kickoff is slated for 6:10 p.m., at Bill Snyder Family Stadium. K-StateHD.TV programming will begin at 5:10 p.m., with its K-State Gameday show. To visit the home of K-StateHD.TV, or to subscribe to the service, go to www.k-statehd.tv.