The Phased Master Plan
A Historic Step Forward for K-State Athletics.
The Bill Snyder Family Stadium Master Plan represents a historic step towards the future of Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. The Stadium and its associated activities are an integral part of the campus athletic experience as well as a major recruiting tool for all K-State sports and the University in general. This facility should also express the success, pride and tradition of K-State Football. It must contribute to the attitude where every student-athlete aspires to play a major role in continuing the tradition of K-State Athletics.
The vision set forth in the Master Plan is intended to serve as a planning tool to guide the future development of the west side of the Athletic Campus. The plan is a composite of many individual plans but each requiring separate design efforts. Implementation of this phased plan will require an active and continuing process that relies on robust strategies to respond to unforeseen circumstances. The plan has the potential to change or evolve, but will retain its ultimate goal of providing the best opportunity for Kansas State Athletics to flourish and succeed in supporting President Schulz’s K-State 2025 Visionary Plan.
The magnitude of the Master Plan and variability of funding indicates that work will be phased over the course of the next 15 years. Phase I work was completed in 2011 while Phase II was completed in 2013. The original Master Plan was published in the fall of 2010, with an updated vision released winter of 2014. Plans are currently under development for Phases III and IV.
Top Master Plan Priorities
- Set the vision of a new northwest “Gateway to Campus” that integrates Bill Snyder Family Stadium with the overall look and feel of K-State’s beautiful grounds while creating a highly recognizable institutional landmark for visitors, fans and students.
- Enhance the game day experience for all fans and strengthen the ties of KSU alumni and friends with the heritage of the institution.
- Address facility needs critical to the success and experience of all K-State student-athletes.
- Create new opportunities to generate revenue to ensure the future sustainability and national leadership position of K-State’s intercollegiate athletics program.
- Develop a phased approach consistent with K-State Athletics’ commitment to fiscal integrity.