Early Entry Procedures Announced for Men's Basketball
Early Entry Procedures Announced for Men's Basketball
MANHATTAN, Kan. – With the K-State men’s basketball season tipping off at the end of the week, K-State Athletics, the K-State student athletic advisory team and the K-State Student Governing Association (SGA) today issued information on the men’s basketball early entry rewards program for K-State student pass holders.
The program is intended to encourage student attendance at all home games, while creating a priority entry system for selected men’s games at Bramlage Coliseum.
“K-State SGA is excited to continue collaboration with K-State Athletics to provide our faithful students with the Best Fan Experience in the Big 12,” said SGA president Andy Hurtig and SGA vice president Joe Tinker. "The enthusiasm of the student section in Bramlage Coliseum creates one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. The early entry rewards program ensures fairness for all students as we cheer on our Wildcats."
K-State student pass holders will earn early entry points for attending men’s basketball games. Early entry points are then used to determine the entry times for the matchup against KU on Feb. 20, and can also be implemented for other marquee games if student attendance is anticipated to exceed the number of available seats.
For the Feb. 20 game, students will be segmented into four early-entry tiers. The points required to be within each tier will be:
• Tier 1: 16 to 14 points
• Tier 2: 13 to 11 points
• Tier 3: 10 to 7 points
• Tier 4: 6 to 0 points
The exact early entry times will be determined at a later date and will depend on the number of students per tier. Students will be required to be in-line at Bramlage Coliseum approximately 30 minutes prior to their entry time.
The first opportunity for men’s basketball pass holders to earn a point is Friday when the Wildcats play the first of two exhibition games at 7 p.m. against Emporia State.
The final game to earn an early entry point for the KU game will be Wednesday, Feb. 10 vs. Baylor. Students within each tier will pick-up a special wristband at to-be-determined locations on Friday, Feb. 19, and Saturday, Feb. 20.
Students may also receive a bonus point for purchasing a student ticket to one or both of K-State’s CBE Classic games at the Sprint Center on Monday-Tuesday, Nov. 23-24 as well as to the Wichita Wildcat Classic game vs. Colorado State at INTRUST Bank Arena on Saturday, Dec. 19. An allotment of $12 student tickets for the CBE Classic games as well as $10 students tickets for the Wichita Wildcat Classic are currently available in the Athletics Ticket Office. All purchases must be done in-person with a valid student ID.
Students will also have the chance to donate their student pass to a Fort Riley soldier and their families for the winter break games. Students who choose to donate their student pass for the winter break games will earn one early entry point. The deadline to donate a student pass for the following winter break games will be Friday, Dec. 19.
• Tuesday, Dec. 22 vs. North Dakota
• Tuesday, Dec. 29 vs. Saint Louis
• Saturday, Jan. 2 vs. West Virginia
• Tuesday, Jan. 12 vs. Texas Tech
• Saturday, Jan. 16 vs. Iowa State
Students who choose to donate their student pass for the winter break games will earn a total of one early entry point. Students who choose to donate their student pass will not have access to attend the games listed above. All student pass donations will occur online and information on how to donate student passes will be sent via email after the beginning of the season.
In the event that a K-State Football bowl game conflicts with a men’s basketball home game, students who have purchased a bowl game ticket through the K-State Ticket Office will have the option to donate their basketball pass to a Fort Riley soldier to receive one point. Details on how to donate will be released if necessary.
For more information on the men’s basketball student early entry program visit www.kstatesports.com/earlyentry.
Students are also reminded of the following game-day policies:
• Every game included in your student pass package will be counted toward your point total. Students will earn one point for attending each men’s basketball game.
• Only one pass per student may be scanned. Students attempting to scan multiple passes may be ejected from the game and lose any early entry points earned.
• To receive a point, student pass holders must be in Bramlage Coliseum no later than 15 minutes after tipoff.
• Every three games, students will receive an email with their current point total. For early entry games, each tier for ICAT and GA members will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the same time.
• For all home games, students will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the southeast Entry.
• Student seating is first-come, first-served in Bramlage Coliseum for all games and is based on availability and demand. Due to increased ticket sales, possession of a student pass does not guarantee entry into the arena. It is suggested that students arrive early for high-demand games.
• Students are not allowed to “camp” for home games. Students may begin lining up for home contests no earlier than 6 a.m. on the day of the game.
• K-State Athletics may utilize the early-entry points program for other home contests if attendance beyond capacity is expected. Students will be notified via email no less than 5 days prior to each game that early-entry procedures will be in effect.
• Students are required to present their student pass card and show a valid K-State student ID for admittance.
• General admission pass-holders will be allowed to fill any open seats in the ICAT section 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
• Students are encouraged to stay for the entire game. Students found scanning their pass for an extra point, but not actually attending the game, may be disqualified from the early entry program at the discretion of K-State Athletics and SGA.
Questions regarding the student early entry program may be directed to Austin Anderson in the Fan Experience and Sales office at (785) 532.5379 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.