Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 3, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 91 (13-1), South Dakota 69 (6-7)
- Kansas State moved to 7-0 all-time against South Dakota, with all seven of their wins coming in Manhattan... The Wildcats moved to 13-1 on the season, marking the first time since the 1958-59 season the Wildcats started 13-1... Kansas State is on a 10-game winning streak for the first time since the 1993-94 season... K-State is now 14-6 in games that have been played on January 3rd... Kansas State moved to 254-88 (.742) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... Today's attendance was10,441.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Sunday afternoon consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and freshman forward Wally Judge... This marks the sixth time this season the team has used this starting combination... Pullen has now started in 48 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 81.
- K-State led the Coyotes at the half, 51-26, marking the 10th consecutive contest the Wildcats have led after the first period... The 51 first-half points is a new season-high for the 'Cats... The Wildcats are 13-0 this season when leading at the half... Today's game also marked the seventh time this season K-State has scored at least 40 points in the first half, including the last five games... The Wildcats forced South Dakota into 15 turnovers in the first frame which they converted into 28 points... Four Wildcats were in double-figures at the break, lead by Jacob Pullen's 14 points
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures on Sunday... It marked the third consecutive game that K-State has had five players score double digits in a contest this season.
- K-State scored 40 points off turnovers, which is a new school-record... Today marked the seventh time this year the Wildcats have scored at least 20 points off of turnovers, including the fifth-straight game they have reached that mark... The Wildcats forced 23 Coyote turnovers.
- K-State posted its 11th 80-point game in 14 tries to start the season, which continues a school record...Today's 91-point effort marks the fourth time this season the team has scored 90 or more points in a game
- Jacob Pullen led the Wildcats on Sunday afternoon with 23 points, marking the 20th time in his career he has led the team in scoring, including the last six games...Today's game marks the sixth time this season that Pullen has scored 20 or more points... The Wildcats moved to 16-4 all-time when Pullen leads the team in scoring... He has converted on at least two 3-pointers in each of the last 12 games... Over the past five games, Pullen has converted on 26-of-43 shots from behind the arc.
- Pullen moved past Wildcat legend Lon Kruger on the career scoring list, he is now 15th all-time with 1,072 points...Pullen moved into fourth-place all-time in 3-point field goals made with 159.
- Dominique Sutton grabbed a team-high 10 rebounds, while adding 14 points...This was Sutton's first double-double of the season.
- Junior forward Curtis Kelly scored 15 points on the day, this is the ninth time that he has scored in double figures this season...10 total Wildcats scored in today's contest, while all 12 players saw significant action.