Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 12, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 88 (14-2, 1-1 Big 12), Texas A&M 65 (12-4, 1-1 Big 12)
- Kansas State moved to 15-6 all-time against Texas A&M, including a record of 9-0 at home against the Aggies... The Wildcats moved to 14-2 on the season, which ties for the fifth-best record in school history after 16 games... Kansas State moved to 255-88 (.743) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... Bramlage Coliseum was at full capacity (12, 528) for tonight's Big-12 home-opener
- Coach Frank Martin is now 42-5 in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
- The Wildcats' starting five Tuesday night consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the third time in four games the 'Cats have used this starting lineup this year... Pullen has now started in 49 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 82.
- K-State led the Aggies at the half, 45-33... This is the eighth time K-State has topped the 40-point mark at intermission, including six out of the past seven games ... The Wildcats are 14-0 this season when leading at the half ... Senior Denis Clemente led all scorers at halftime with 20 points, which is the most points in a half by a Wildcat this season.
- Four Wildcats scored in double figures on Tuesday... K-State is 9-1 when four or more players score in double-figures
- Denis Clemente led all scorers with a season-high 24 points on Tuesday night... At the 8:12 mark in the first half, Clemente was outscoring the Aggies 17-16... Tonight's effort marks the 16th time in his career that Clemente has led the Wildcats in scoring, including the second time this year.
- K-State posted its 12th 80-point game in 16 tries to start the season, which continues a school record.
- Jacob Pullen notched 15 points on the night, moving past Steve Mitchell and Wildcat great Dick Knostman into 13th place on the K-State all-time scoring list with 1,087 career points... Pullen has scored in double-figures in every contest this season... He has converted on at least two 3-pointers in each of the last 13 games.
• Jamar Samuels provided a spark off the bench, with 19 points and 4 rebounds... Samuels got to the charity stripe a team-high 12 times, converting on eight of those attempts.
- Dominique Sutton cleaned the glass with a team-high 12 rebounds, he also added 12 points on the night... Sutton has lead the team in rebounds three times this season... Tonight's effort was Sutton's second double-double of the season.
- The Wildcats have won 19 of the last 26 games played in January... K-State is currently on a 13 game winning-streak at Bramlage Coliseum.