Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 23, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#10/9 Kansas State 69 (16-3, 3-2 Big 12), Oklahoma State 73 (15-4, 3-2 Big 12)
- Kansas State moved to 69-46 all-time against Oklahoma State, including a record of 34-15 at home against the Cowboys ... Kansas State moved to 256-89 (.743) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... Today's attendance was a sold-out crowd of 12,528 energetic fans... K-State has sold out all but three home contests this season... The 'Cats are now 2-1 in games following a victory over the number one team in the nation... Coach Frank Martin is now 43-6 in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
- The loss Saturday snaps a 14-game home winning streak for the Wildcats... The 14 straight wins was the longest streak in Bramlage Coliseum history and was the longest homecourt winning streak since winning 20 in a row at Ahearn Field House from Jan. 28, 1981 to Jan. 30, 1982.
- The Wildcats have won 20 of the last 29 games played in January.
- The Wildcats' starting five Saturday afternoon consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the seventh time in the last eight games the 'Cats have used this starting lineup, with a record of 5-2 over that span ... Pullen has now started in 51 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 84.
- K-State led Oklahoma State at intermission, 35-32... The 'Cats have outscored their opponents in the first half, 17 out of 19 games this season... The Wildcats are 16-1 this season when leading at the half... Senior Denis Clemente led all Wildcats in scoring at the half with 12 points.
- Denis Clemente led the Wildcats in scoring with 19 points... Four Wildcats scored in double-figures on the day...K-State is now 12-3 when four or more players score in double-digits
- Jacob Pullen added 11 points on the afternoon... He has scored in double figures in every contest this season.
- Curtis Kelly scored 11 points to go along with 7 rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder provided a lift off the bench, scoring 10 points on 4-of-6 shooting.