Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
January 30, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#11/13 Kansas State 79 (17-4, 4-3 Big 12), #2/2 Kansas 81 (20-1, 6-0 Big 12)
- Kansas State dropped to 177-91 all-time against Kansas ... K-State is now 5-9 against the Jayhawks in games that have gone into overtime... The 'Cats last overtime game was on March 18th, 2009 against Illinois State ... Tonight's contest marked the first time since 1958 where both teams were ranked in the Top 15 in this matchup... Kansas State is now 256-90 (.742) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... Tonight's attendance was a sold-out crowd of 12,528 fans... K-State has sold out all but three home contests this season... Coach Frank Martin is now 43-7 in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
- Kansas State is now 4-1 against ranked opponents this season.
- The Wildcats' starting five Saturday night consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the ninth time this season the 'Cats have used this starting lineup... Pullen has now started in 54 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 87.
- K-State trailed Kansas at intermission, 31-30...The 'Cats have only trailed at the half in three contests this season... Jacob Pullen paced the Wildcats at intermission with 7 points... Freshman Wally Judge added 6 points off the bench at the half.
- Jacob Pullen was the Wildcat's leading scorer for the 13th time this season and 25th of his career with 22 points, with 15 of those coming in the second half... Pullen moved into 11th place on the school's all-time scoring list, moving past Wildcats great Jack Parr with 1,197 points... He has scored in double figures in every contest this season.
- Four Wildcats scored in double-figures on the night... Including senior Denis Clemente, who finished with 13 points.
- Freshman Wally Judge turned in an impressive performance off the bench with 12 points and a career-high 9 rebounds.
- Curtis Kelly scored 10 points to go along with 6 rebounds.
- The Wildcats were outscored in the paint 36-28... K-State saw a lot of production out of its non-starters with 25 points coming off the bench to better KU's 14... Samuels and Judge combined for 21 of those points for K-State.
- Saturday night marks the first time this season the Wildcats have allowed two players to tally double digit rebounds... Cole Aldrich pulled down 11 boards and Marcus Morris had 10.