Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
February 13, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#9/9 Kansas State 68 (20-4, 7-3 Big 12), Colorado 51 (11-13, 2-8 Big 12)
- Kansas State moved to 125-93 all-time against Colorado, including 62-34 at home... The Wildcats have now won nine in a row against the Buffaloes... Head coach Frank Martin is now 63-28 (.692) overall, with a record of 6-0 against Colorado... Frank Martin became the first coach in K-State history to have 20 or more wins in the first three seasons as the leader of the Wildcats...This evening's victory snapped a two-game home losing streak... K-State is now 12-2 overall at home this season... A sold-out crowd of 12,528 were in attendance for today's Big 12 matchup, marking the fifth consecutive sell-out of Bramlage Coliseum this season.
- The Wildcats' starting five Saturday evening consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the 11th time this season the Cats have used this starting lineup, including the past 10 games... Pullen has now started in 58 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 91.
- Kansas State scored 26 points off Colorado turnovers, marking the 13th time this season (all wins) the Wildcats have scored at least 20 points off opponent's miscues... Under head coach Frank Martin, Kansas State is 39-5 when scoring 20 or more points off turnovers... The Wildcats out-rebounded the Buffaloes 36-28, marking the 15th time this season the Cats have out-rebounded their opponent.
- K-State led 28-26 at halftime despite its lowest first-half point total this season... It marked the 20th time this season the Wildcats went into intermission with the lead... Jacob Pullen led all Wildcat scorers at the break with 10 points, while Curtis Kelly added seven points - six of which came on dunks - and seven rebounds at the break.
- The Wildcats opened the second half on an 8-2 run, including six points from Luis Colon... K-State held Colorado to 25 second-half points, the lowest point total in a half Kansas State has allowed this year... K-State held the Buffs to their lowest point total in Big 12 play this year.
- Junior guard Jacob Pullen led the Wildcats in scoring with 15 points on 5-of-10 shooting, while adding 10 assists, marking the second double-double of his career... Pullen has now led the Wildcats in scoring 26 times in his career... He has also led the team in assists 40 times.
- Curtis Kelly recorded the third double-double of his K-State career, with 12 points and 11 rebounds... Tonight's effort marked the ninth time this season that Kelly has led the team in rebounds... Sophomore Jamar Samuels added 12 points and five rebounds, marking the 32nd time in his career that he has scored in double digits... Luis Colon finished the game with nine points and six rebounds, including eight points and five rebounds in the second half.
- Four Wildcats scored in double-figures for the 11th time in the last 13 games.