Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
February 17, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#7/7 Kansas State 91 (21-4, 8-3 Big 12), Nebraska 87 (13-13, 1-10 Big 12)
- Kansas State moved to 125-93 all-time against Nebraska, including 73-30 at home... For the first time since the 2003-04 season, K-State swept the season series with Nebraska... The Wildcats have now won eight of the last nine home contests against the Cornhuskers... Head coach Frank Martin is now 64-28 (.696) overall, with a record of 4-2 against Nebraska... Wednesday evening's victory pushes the Wildcats' win streak to four games... K-State is now 13-2 overall at home this season... A sold-out crowd of 12,528 were in attendance for today's Big 12 matchup, marking the sixth consecutive sell-out of Bramlage Coliseum this season
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Wednesday evening was junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the 12th time this season the Cats have used this starting lineup, including the past 11 games... Pullen has now started in 59 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 92.
- K-State went into halftime trailing Nebraska, 40-39, marking just the fifth time the Wildcats have trailed at the break this season... The Wildcats are now 2-3 when trailing at the half... Jacob Pullen led all players at the break with 12 points, while Curtis Kelly added eight points... Dominique Sutton led all players with four rebounds at the intermission.
- Kansas State scored 29 points off of Nebraska turnovers, marking the 14th time this season (all wins) the Wildcats have scored at least 20 points off opponent's miscues... The 29 points off turnovers are the most points the Wildcats have scored off turnovers since scoring 40 against South Dakota on January 3... Under head coach Frank Martin, the Wildcats are now 40-5 when scoring 20 or more points off turnovers... The Wildcats out-rebounded the Cornhuskers 29-28, marking the 16th time this season the 'Cats have out-rebounded their opponent.
- The 91 points by the Wildcats on Wednesday evening are the most points scored by Kansas State since scoring 91 points against South Dakota on January 3... The last time the Wildcats scored 90 or more points in a Big 12 Conference game was when the team scored 100 points against Missouri on February 17, 2008... The Wildcats are 14-0 this season when scoring 80 or more points.
- The Wildcats connected on 32-of-40 free-throw attempts, tying their season-high free-throw percentage of 80-percent... The last time the Wildcats shot 80-percent from the free-throw line was on December 5 against Washington State... The Wildcats were clutch down the stretch hitting 14-of-14 free throws in the last five minutes of the game.
- Kansas State took control of the inside on Wednesday evening as they outscored Nebraska in the paint, 30-14.
- Both Dominique Sutton and Denis Clemente led the Wildcats in scoring with 21 points each...It marks the 15th time Clemente has scored 20 or more points in his career, while Sutton has scored 20 or more points twice... Four Wildcats scored in double-figures for the 12th time in the last 14 games.
- Dominique Sutton had a career night as his 21 points tied his career-high in scoring... Sutton attempted a career-high three 3-pointers, while sinking all three... Entering the game on Wednesday evening, Sutton was 0-for-4 on the season from behind the arc.
- Jacob Pullen added 18 points for the Wildcats, while dishing out a team-high six assists... In his career, Pullen has led Kansas State in the assist category 41 times... The Wildcats are 22-5 when he has tallied 5 or more assists.