Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
February 27, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#6/6 Kansas State 63 (24-4, 11-3 Big 12), Missouri 53 (21-8, 9-5 Big 12)
- Kansas State moves to 116-115 in the all-time series against Missouri, including 60-44 at home... It marks the seventh consecutive win at home against Missouri... Head coach Frank Martin is now 67-28 (.705) overall, with a record of 3-3 against Missouri... The victory marks the most wins overall and in conference play for Kansas State since the 1987-88 season... It also ties for the third-highest win total in school history... The Wildcats have now won seven consecutive conference games, which marks the largest conference-game win streak for the Wildcats during the Big 12 era... A sold-out crowd of 12,528 were in attendance for the Big 12 contest.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Saturday night was junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the 15th time this season the 'Cats have used this starting lineup, including the past 14 games... The Wildcats are now 12-3 when using this starting combination...Pullen has now started in 62 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 95.
- Despite shooting a season-low 18.8-percent from the field in a half, the Wildcats went into the break tied with the Tigers, 23-23... The 18.8 field-goal percentage marks the lowest since the Wildcats shot 16.1-percent from the floor vs. Michigan State on December 21st, 1996... The stat also ties the eighth lowest field-goal percentage of any half in school history... The 23 points scored by K-State are the fewest points scored by the Wildcats in any frame since they tallied 19 at Iowa State in the first half on Feb. 21, 2009... Jacob Pullen led the Wildcats in scoring at the break with 6 points, while Dominique Sutton and Curtis Kelly both pulled down six rebounds.
- Kansas State shot 13-of-24 (54.2-percent) from the field in the second half... It marks the sixth consecutive game the Wildcats have shot 50-percent or better from the floor in the second half.
- Kansas State scored 21 points off of Missouri turnovers, marking the 15th time this season (all wins) the Wildcats have scored at least 20 points off opponent's miscues... After trailing in the rebound-margin by four rebounds at halftime, the Wildcats finished the game out-rebounding the Cornhuskers 42-39, marking the 18th time this season the 'Cats have out-rebounded their opponent.
- Jamar Samuels led all players in the contest with 14 points... It marks the sixth time in his career he has led the Wildcats in scoring... He shot 4-of-8 from the floor, including one 3-point basket, while recording four rebounds and two assists.
- Curtis Kelly marked his fourth career double-double on Saturday night by scoring 10 points and scooping 10 rebounds off the glass... Kelly also dished out a career-tying four assists, while blocking three shots and forcing two steals.
- Jacob Pullen and Denis Clemente both added 11 points in the contest on Saturday night... It marks the 54th time in 59 games that the duo has combined for 20 or more points in a contest.
- Dominique Sutton led all players in rebounding with 11 boards... It marks the third time this season he has tallied double-figure rebounds and the sixth time in his career... The last time Sutton pulled down 10 or more rebounds was when he had 12 against Texas A&M on January 12.