Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
March 6, 2010 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
#5/5 Kansas State 82 (24-6, 11-5 Big 12), Iowa State 85 (15-16, 4-12 Big 12)
- Kansas State moved to 133-77 all-time against Iowa State, including 77-24 at home... It marks the first lost in the previous nine games, both overall and at home, against the Cyclones... Head coach Frank Martin is now 67-30 (.690) overall, with a record of 5-1 against ISU... A sold-out crowd of 12,528 was in attendance for tonight's Big 12 contest.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Saturday night consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, senior guard Chris Merriewether, junior forward Curtis Kelly and senior forward Luis Colon... This is the first time this season the 'Cats have used this starting lineup... Pullen has now started in 63 straight games for the Wildcats, while he extended his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 96.
- Iowa State led the Wildcats at the break, 42-33... This marked only the seventh time this season that K-State has trailed at the intermission... The 'Cats shot only nine percent from behind the arc in the first half, their second lowest percentage in the first half of any game this season... Denis Clemente and Jacob Pullen led the Wildcats in scoring at the break with 8 points apiece.
- Tonight's contest marked the second time this season that the Wildcats have played in a contest that went into overtime, with a record of 0-2 this season... K-State is now 64-38 all-time in overtime games, including a record of 9-2 against Iowa State in overtime games.
- With tonight's effort from the charity stripe, the Wildcats broke the 51-year-old school record for total free throws made in a season, with 624. This tops the old mark of 606, which was previously held by the 1958-59 squad.
- K-State tallied 12 steals on the night, they are now 4-1 when notching 10 or more steals in a game... Iowa State out-rebounded the Wildcats, 43-41... K-State is now 5-3 this season when being out-rebounded.
- Jacob Pullen led all players in scoring with 27 points... It marks the 28th time in his career he has led the Wildcats in scoring... The 'Cats are 22-6 when Pullen leads the team in scoring... Curtis Kelly added 19 points, which marks the second-highest scoring output for Kelly in a Wildcat uniform.
- Senior Denis Clemente added 19 points in his final game at Bramlage Coliseum... Clemente has scored in double-figures 67 times in his career at Kansas State.
- Jamar Samuels led the Wildcats in rebounds with eight... This marks the 18th time in his career that he has led the 'Cats in rebounding... Samuels also added eight points on the night.
- K-State shot a 13 percent from beyond the arc, marking the second-lowest 3-point percentage this year (eight percent vs. Texas)... The 'Cats were cold in overtime as well, shooting 25 percent from the field.
- The Wildcats finished the regular season with a 5-3 record at home in Big 12 play and a 6-2 mark on the road... It is the first time since the 1975-76 season K-State has had a better road record than home record in league play.
- K-State will play the winner of No. 7-seed Oklahoma State and No. 10-seed Oklahoma in the quarterfinals of the Big 12 Conference Championship at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.