- Kansas State is 3-4 all-time after winning its seventh-ever meeting with Loyola Chicago... The Wildcats improved to 6-5 all-time against teams from the Horizon League.
- Kansas State moved to 82-24 (.773) all-time in season openers and 70-8 (.897) when debuting in Manhattan... The Wildcats have won 13 straight home openers... Kansas State is 247-88 (.738) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum.
- The attendance on Friday night was a sold-out 12,528... Kansas State's largest season-opening crowd was Bramlage Coliseum's grand opening, an 81-77 win over Purdue on November 26, 1988, which was witnessed by 13,304 fans.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Friday night consisted of junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and sophomore forward Jamar Samuels... Pullen has started in 35 straight games for the Wildcats... Kelly made his first Wildcat start after transferring from the University of Connecticut.
- Kansas State dominated in the paint, outscoring the Ramblers 48-16 on the night.
- The Wildcats held Loyola Chicago to just 14.7 percent (5-of-34) shooting in the first half...The Ramblers finished the contest shooting 16-for-65 (24.6 percent) on the night.
- Five Wildcats' scored in double figures on Friday night... The last time that Kansas State had five players with double digits in a regular season contest was on February 18, 2009, against North Carolina State.
- Kansas State had more assists (22) than turnovers (13) on Friday Night...The Wildcats also forced 25 turnovers, scoring 29 points off of them.
- Curtis Kelly set a career high in points with 22 on 9-of-11 (81.8 percent) shooting on the night in his first game as a Wildcat...His previous career high was 14 which came against Coppin State during his time at UConn...Kelly also led the Wildcats in rebounds, finishing with seven on the night.
- Jacob Pullen scored 15 points on Friday night...This marks the 40th time that Pullen has scored in double digits in his career...He was 8-of-9 (88.8 percent) shooting from the charity stripe... He also tied for the team lead with four assists for the Wildcats.
- Jamar Samuels tallied his 16th career double digit scoring game, dropping 11 points on the Ramblers.
- Victor Ojeleye set a career high in minutes played with 13...his previous high was 12 minutes which came against SE Missouri State on November 16, 2008...Ojeleye finished the night with two points, three rebounds and a steal.
- Kansas State's 92 points were the most the Wildcats have scored since dropping 95 on North Carolina Central on Feb. 18, 2009.
- Wally Judge, Nick Russell, Jordan Henriquez-Roberts Rodney McGruder and Martavious Irving all played in their first career games as Wildcats...McGruder tallied 11 points on 4-of-5 (80.0 percent) shooting while connecting on 3-of-4 (75.0 percent) three-point attempts...Russell (7), Judge (5) and Henriquez-Roberts (4) all also tallied points in their first career game.