Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
November 15, 2009 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 82 (2-0), Western Illinois 50 (0-2)
- Kansas State is now 3-0 all-time against Western Illinois... The Wildcats improved to 30-3 all-time against teams from the Summit League.
- Kansas State moved to 2-0 on the season... The victory marks the sixth consecutive season the Wildcats have won their first two contests... Kansas State is 248-88 (.738) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... The paid attendance on Friday night was a sold-out 12,528.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Sunday afternoon was junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and freshman forward Jordan Henriquez-Roberts... It marks the first time this season the team has used this starting combination... Pullen has now started in 36 straight games for the Wildcats, extending his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 69... Henriquez-Roberts made his first collegiate start.
- The K-State transition defense shut down the Leathernecks to not allow any points on fast breaks in the contest, while the Wildcats converted on the break for 22 points.
- The Wildcats went into the half with a 31-20 lead, marking the second time this season the team has gone into the break with the lead... K-State's defense held Western Illinois to 27.3 percent (9-of-33) shooting in the first half, while blocking six shots and forcing five turnovers... The Wildcats out-rebounded the Leathernecks 26-18 in the first stanza.
- Five Wildcats' scored in double figures on Sunday... K-State has had five players score in double figures in both games to open the season.
- Sophomore Jamar Samuels came off the bench to lead all Wildcats in scoring with 19 points, marking his 17th career double digit scoring game... Samuels has scored double figures in both games this season... He also pulled down seven rebounds, while also setting a career-high three steals.
- The Wildcats dominated on the boards by out-rebounding the Leathernecks, 48-31... The team also blocked a season-high 10 shots... Jordan Henriquez-Roberts led the squad in both categories grabbing a career-high 10 rebounds and blocking a career-high five shots.
- Freshman Rodney McGruder scored 11 points for the second time this season... McGruder has been a consistent shooter for the Wildcats making 7-of-9 shots attempted this season, including 5-of-7 beyond the arc.
• Wally Judge set a career-high in scoring and rebounds with 11 points and five rebounds in his 15 minutes of play.