Kansas State Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
November 20, 2009 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 70 (1-2), Washington State 63 (1-1)
- Friday night's matchup between Kansas State and Washington State was the fourth in the series...The series is now 4-0 in favor of the Wildcats... Head coach Deb Patterson, the all-time women's basketball wins leader at K-State, owns a career record of 266-148 (.642).
- In home games all-time in Bramlage Coliseum, K-State owns a record of 222-81 (.732).
- 3,458 Wildcat fans cheered on the Wildcats on Friday night... Last season, K-State averaged 4,624 fans in 14 home games.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup consisted of: senior forward Ashley Sweat, freshman guard Taelor Karr, junior guard Shalin Spani, sophomore forward Jalana Childs and senior guard Kari Kincaid...This is the second straight game this lineup has started together... Sweat made her 88th career start and has appeared in 102 career games... Kincaid started her 58th career game... Childs started her sixth career game... Spani recorded her third start and Karr made her second career start at K-State... K-State used four different starting lineup variations throughout the 2008-09 season and has used two different combinations so far this season.
- The Wildcats ended the first half up 35-27 on Friday night...Since 1999-00, K-State is 179-25 (.877) when leading at the half... Against Arkansas State on Monday, the halftime score was also 35-27... This is the second time this season K-State has held a lead at the break.
- Sweat finished with her first career double-double on a career-high 33 points and tying her career-high with 11 rebounds... Sweat's previous career-high for a game was 31 points against Oklahoma State on Feb. 15, 2009 and at Wyoming on March 28, 2007... Last season at Washington State, Sweat tallied 30 points on 14-of-19 shooting... Sweat finished the game 12-of-19 from the field, a new team season-high... She improved her career point total to 1,556 and now ranks ninth in school history... She also boosted her career rebounding total to 469... She has now made 27-of-33 free throws on the season... Sweat improved her career free throws made total to 313 and moved into sixth in the category... She boosted her career free throws attempted total to 409 and ranks ninth in school history.
- Mariah White finished with a career-high 9 points on a career-high 4-of-5 from the field... The 4 made field goals were the first of her career.
- K-State finished the contest with four 3-point baskets... It was the 78th consecutive game in which the Wildcats have made at least one 3-pointer... Three different Wildcats recorded at least one trey, and Spani led the team with two 3-pointers, going 2-of-4 from long distance.
- As a team, the Wildcats went 20-of-25 from the free throw line... For the season, K-State is 65-of-83 (.783) from the foul line this season.