Kansas State Men's Basketball Postgame Notes
December 21, 2009 • Bramlage Coliseum • Manhattan, Kan.
Kansas State 90 (11-1), Arkansas-Pine Bluff 76 (0-10)
- Kansas State moved to 4-0 all-time against Arkansas-Pine Bluff, with all four wins coming at home... The Wildcats moved to 11-1 on the season, marking the first time since the 2004-05 season the Wildcats started a season 8-1... The Wildcats have now won 32 of their last 33 games at Bramlage Coliseum in the month of December dating back to the 2002-03 season, including 20 consecutive home wins since December 30, 2004... Kansas State moved to 252-88 (.740) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum... The paid attendance was a sold out 12,528.
- The Wildcats' starting lineup Saturday night was junior guard Jacob Pullen, senior guard Denis Clemente, junior forward Dominique Sutton, junior forward Curtis Kelly and freshman forward Wally Judge... It marks the fifth time this season the team has used this starting combination... Pullen has now started in 46 straight games for the Wildcats, extending his streak as the team's leader in most consecutive games played to 79.
- K-State led the Golden Lions at the half, 44-29, marking the eighth consecutive contest the Wildcats have led after the first period... The Wildcats are 11-0 this season when leading their opponent at the half... This marks the fifth time this season K-State has scored at least 40 points in the first half, including the last three consecutive games... The Wildcats forced Arkansas-Pine Bluff into 15 turnovers in the half, off of which K-State converted 19 points... Pullen led all scorers with 11 points at the break.
- Five Wildcats scored in double figures on Friday night... The last time K-State had five players score double digits in a contest was on Nov. 19, 2009 against Boston University.
- K-State's 29 points off turnovers marked the sixth time this year the Wildcats have scored at least 20 points off of turnovers, including the third straight game it has reached this mark... The Wildcats forced 21 turnovers on the contest.
- K-State posted its ninth 80-point game in 12 opportunities to start the season, which continues a school record.
- Jacob Pullen led all scorers on Monday night with 18 points, marking the 19th time in his career he has led the team in scoring, including the last five consecutive games... The Wildcats moved to 15-4 all-time when Pullen leads the team in scoring... He has converted on at least two 3-pointers in each of the last 10 games...Over the past three games, Pullen has converted on 16-of-25 shots from behind the arc.
- Sutton added 14 points and tied with Kelly for a team-high eight rebounds while shooting 3-for-8 from the field... He has now scored in double figures three times this season... Kelly also added 13 points to the Wildcat effort.
- Senior forward Luis Colon had a season-high nine points in just his third game since returning to the lineup... He also added five rebounds and four assists to the Wildcat effort.
- Senior guard Chris Merriewether converted on the first three-pointer of his career in Monday's contest... The shot, which came at the 15:04 mark, was Merriewether's 11th career attempt.