K-State Returns Home Sunday To Host SCSU
K-State Returns Home Sunday To Host SCSU
NOV. 29, 2:10 PM
SOUTH CAROLINA STATE
3-3 (0-0 MEAC)
4-1 (0-0 Big 12)
FOX KANSAS CITY/
Sirius 213/XM 199
*FOX Sports Kansas City
(*state of Kansas, Kansas City and bordering areas only)
ESPN3 (outside of Kansas only)
• Ben Boyle (play-by-play)
• Stan Weber (analyst)
DirecTV 671-5 | AT&T 748 | Dish 442/412-29
K-State Sports Network
• Wyatt Thompson (play-by-play)
• Matt Walters (analyst)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 213/XM 199
$10 (bench) | $20 (chairbacks) | $5 (12+group)
Bramlage Bundle: $20 (GA/Bench ticket + $10 concessions voucher + souvenir)
Kansas State: Bruce Weber (Wis.-Milwaukee ’78)
Overall: 379-194/18th season
At K-State: 66-39/4th season
vs. South Carolina State: 0-0
South Carolina State: Murray Garvin (Eastern Kentucky '98)
Overall: 25-52/3rd season
At South Carolina State: Same
vs. Kansas State: 0-0
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUP
Kansas State (4-1)
G: #3 Kamau Stokes (6-0, 170, Fr.-HS)
G: #14 Justin Edwards (6-4, 200, Sr.-1L)
G: #25 Wesley Iwundu (6-7, 210, Jr.-2L)
F: #32 Dean Wade (6-10, 225, Fr.-HS)
F: #41 Stephen Hurt (6-11, 265, Sr.-1L)
South Carolina State (3-3)
G: #1 Ed Stephens (6-2, 175, So.-1L)
G: #3 Greg Mortimer (6-3, 191, Jr.-2L)
G: #22 Eric Eaves (6-3, 185, Jr.-TR)
F: #0 Gabe McCray (6-7, 200, Sr.-1L)
F: #30 Darryl Palmer (6-8, 210, Sr.-3L)
INSIDE THE SERIES
Overall: First meeting
vs. MEAC: K-State leads 27-0 (27-0 at home)
In Manhattan: First meeting
Current Streak: n/a
Last Meeting: n/a
Weber vs. SCSU: First meeting
Weber vs. Garvin: First meeting
• Kansas State (4-1) concludes play in the month of November by hosting MEAC member South Carolina State (3-3) at 2 p.m. CT on Sunday on Star Wars Day at Bramlage Coliseum. The first 1,000 fans will receive Star Wars/ K-State Koozies, while prizes will be given out to the best costumes.
• K-State will meet its second MEAC member this season after defeating UMES, 80-53, in the season opener on Nov. 13. The Wildcats are 27-0 all-time against the conference with all 27 coming at home. This will be the first meeting against South Carolina State.
• K-State will attempt to open the season 5-1 for the first time since 2012-13 when the Wildcats also went 5-1 to open the Bruce Weber era. The squad started 5-1 each year from 2007-08 to 2012-13.
• K-State has a 74-5 (.937) record at home in non-conference play dating back to 2006-07, including a 72-4 (.947) mark during the regular season. The squad has won 63 of its last 66 non-conference home games.
• K-State has a 41-16 record in the month of November since 2006-07, including a 15-8 mark under Bruce Weber. However, the Wildcats are 9-1 at home in the month with the lone loss coming in the 2013 opener.
• Weber is 47-7 (.870) at Bramlage Coliseum since taking over as head coach with losses to No. 3 Kansas (2012), Northern Colorado (2013), Baylor (2013), Texas Southern (2014), Georgia (2014), West Virginia (2015) and Texas (2015). The 7 losses have come by a total of 24 points (3.4 ppg.).
• The Wildcats are coming off an 80-70 loss to No. 9/8 North Carolina on Tuesday in the CBE Hall of Fame Classic Championship at the Sprint Center in Kansas City. The Tar Heels used a late run to win the title spoiling a 24-point effort by freshman Kamau Stokes, who along with senior Justin Edwards, were named to the all-tournament team.
• The key to K-State’s successful start has been its balanced scoring, as five different players have led the team in scoring and six players have at least two double-figure scoring games. It marks the first time the Wildcats have started a season with five different leading scorers since 1998-99.
• K-State has used the same lineup in all 5 games and those starters are responsible for nearly 75 percent (288/390) of the team’s scoring.
• Justin Edwards, who has 5 double-digit scoring games, is the only Big 12 player to lead in points, rebounds, assists, steals and minutes.
• The Wildcats are averaging 18.4 points off of turnovers through the first five games, while forcing their opponents into 75 turnovers.