K-State Unveils 2015-16 Promotions, Single-Game Tickets On Sale October 12
K-State Unveils 2015-16 Promotions, Single-Game Tickets On Sale October 12
MANHATTAN, Kan. – Kansas State Athletics announced on Wednesday a number of single game ticket promotions for the 19 women’s basketball games in Bramlage Coliseum for the 2015-16 season. All individual game tickets will be available through the K-State Athletics Ticket Office (800-221-CATS, www.kstatesports.com) beginning at 8:30 a.m., on Monday, Oct. 12.
K-State is offering a “6-game mini-plan” of three non-conference games, one weekday Big 12 game (Iowa State, West Virginia, Oklahoma State or Oklahoma), one weekend Big 12 game (TCU, Texas, Texas Tech or Baylor) and the KU game on Saturday, Feb. 13. The mini-plan is just $48 for seats in the chairback sections of Bramlage Coliseum – a savings of $24.
The Wildcats have two “Wildcat Weekend” home dates this season. On Thursday, Nov. 25, K-State will host Southern at 2 p.m. Fans with a ticket to that night’s K-State volleyball match against KU in Ahearn Field House, can purchase a women’s basketball general admission bench ticket for only $3 – a savings of $5. The second “Wildcat Weekend” will be on Saturday, Jan. 30 against Texas at 7 p.m. Fans with a ticket to that day’s men’s basketball game against Ole Miss can purchase a women’s basketball general admission bench ticket for only $3 – a savings of $5.
On Monday, Nov. 16, against Abilene Christian, the women will host the first game of a doubleheader starting at 5:30 p.m. Tickets are available by purchasing a ticket to the men’s game that night starting at $10.
On Saturday, Jan. 16, the women will host TCU at 7 p.m. The game against the Horned Frogs will mark K-State’s sixth straight season partaking in the NCAA’s “Pack the House” initiative. All tickets for the game, as well as a number of concession items, will be available for just $1 each. This year’s “Pack the House” game will feature a unique halftime performance from the Russian Bar Trio. The Russian Bar Trio, a unique gymnastics trio, has performed on Oprah, Ellen and America’s Got Talent while also touring with Cirque De Soleil and numerous NBA, NHL and college basketball arenas across the nation. For more information on the Russian Bar Trio, visit rb3usa.com.
On Tuesday, Feb. 9 against Oklahoma, K-State will host Ladies Night at Bramlage Coliseum. The Ladies Night promotion will feature a game ticket, a K-State charm, food and drinks and a pregame event for only $15. The charm is one of four given out this season at volleyball, men’s and women’s basketball and baseball.
K-State will host Sunflower State rival, Kansas, on Saturday, Feb. 13 at 7 p.m. The game will feature a halftime performance by hypnotist Tom Silver. To learn more about Tom Silver, visit www.tomsilver.com.
For the 11th straight season, K-State will host a pink game by participating in the annual WBCA “Play 4Kay” initiative. This year’s “Play 4Kay” game will be on Sunday, Feb. 21 against Texas Tech at 2 p.m. The first 4,000 fans will receive a pink K-State t-shirt. The Wildcats will also be donning pink uniforms for the ninth straight season.
The final halftime act of the season will be the Flying Houndz in the regular season home finale against Baylor on Saturday, Feb. 27 at 6 p.m. The Flying Houndz feature husband and wife entertainers and dog trainers along with their family of high-flying canines, many of which are rescued dogs. For more information on the Flying Houndz, visit flyinghoundzfrizbee.com.
Youth teams and campers are invited to attend any of the four “Youth Team/Camper Nights” as a group free of charge. The dates this season are: Thursday, Nov. 19, against South Dakota; Sunday, Dec. 13 against Florida Atlantic; Wednesday, Jan. 13, against Oklahoma State; and Saturday, Feb. 27, against Baylor. For more information or to register your teams, contact Jackson Stevens at 785-532-7747 or by e-mailing email@example.com, no later than three days prior to your selected game.
Prices for single game tickets this season are: $5 for general admission youth, $8 general admission adult, $9 for reserved bench/cushion seating and $12 for chairback. Members of the military may purchase single game tickets for just $5 when they present a valid military ID. To purchase tickets, fans can contact the K-State Athletics Ticket Office in Bramlage Coliseum, by calling (800) 221-CATS or visit www.kstatesports.com/tickets.
Kansas State finished the 2014-15 season ranked 24th in the nation in average attendance with 4,039 fans per game coming through the turnstiles. It was the 12th time in the last 14 seasons that K-State has finished among the top-35 in the nation in average attendance.
Under head coach Jeff Mittie in his first year with the Wildcats in 2014-15, Kansas State finished with a 19-14 overall record and the fifth Postseason WNIT appearance in program history and the 18th overall postseason bid. The eight win improvement from the 2013-14 season is the third largest win improvement from one season to the next in program history. The Wildcats registered a 7-11 mark in Big 12 play and tied for seventh in the league standings, which marked the most wins in league play since the 2011-12 season.
For the 2015-16 season, K-State returns eight letter winners from the 2014-15 squad. The Wildcats will be led into the 2015-16 season by 2015 All-Big 12 Second Team selection and Big 12 All-Defensive Team honoree Breanna Lewis (11.5 ppg, 6.4 rpg and 2.9 bpg), junior guard Kindred Wesemann (8.0 ppg, 2.6 apg) and senior guard Bri Craig (6.1 ppg, 2.3 rpg). Overall, K-State returns 61 percent of its scoring, 70 percent of its rebounding and 63 percent of its assists.
Below is a look at the promotional calendar and ticket plans available for select games for the 2015-16 season.
2015-16 Kansas State Women’s Basketball Ticket Promotions
Monday, Nov. 16 – vs. Abilene Christian
• Doubleheader night with the men; tickets start at $10
Thursday, Nov. 19 – vs. South Dakota
• Youth Team and Camper Night #1: Contact Jackson Stevens at 785-532-7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Wednesday, Nov. 25 – vs. Southern
• “Wildcat Weekend” – fans with a ticket to that night’s K-State/KU volleyball match can purchase a general admission bench ticket for only $3
Sunday, Dec. 13 – vs. Florida Atlantic
• Youth Team and Camper Night #2: Contact Jackson Stevens at 785-532-7747 or email@example.com for more information.
Saturday, Dec. 19 – vs. Sam Houston State
• “Operation Santa” – Fans may purchase a general admission bench ticket for only $3 by donating a new toy at the entrance of Bramlage Coliseum to support military families in need over the holiday season
Wednesday, Jan. 13 – vs. Oklahoma State
• Youth Team and Camper Night #3: Contact Jackson Stevens at 785-532-7747 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Saturday, Jan. 16 – vs. TCU
• “Pack the House” – all tickets and select concession items available for just $1
• Halftime show: Russian Bar Trio
Saturday, Jan. 30 – vs. Texas
• Halftime recognition of K-State Athletics Hall of Fame inductees, including former women’s basketball standouts Nicole Ohlde and Kendra Wecker
• National Girls and Women in Sports Day – All girls 13 and under wearing their youth team jersey or shirt will receive free admission
• “Wildcat Weekend” – fans with a ticket to that day’s K-State/Mississippi men’s basketball game can purchase a general admission bench ticket for only $3
Tuesday, Feb. 9 – vs. Oklahoma
• “Ladies Night” – special ticket package, a K-State charm and pregame event in the Legends Room
Saturday, Feb. 13 – vs. Kansas
• Junior Wildcat Day/Willie’s Birthday
• Halftime show: Tom Silver Hypnotist
Sunday, Feb. 21 – vs. Texas Tech
• “Play 4Kay” – First 4,000 fans will receive a pink K-State t-shirt
Saturday, Feb. 27 – vs. Baylor
• Senior Night
• Free K-State Sunglass Strap to the first 500 fans
• Halftime show: Flying Houndz
• Youth Team and Camper Night #4: Contact Jackson Stevens at 785-532-7747 or email@example.com for more information.