Jan. 3, 2011
17/17 Kansas State (12-3) 92 – Savannah State (2-15) 61
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Monday, January 3, 2011
• Today’s game was the 358th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 267-91 (.746) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Friday’s contest was the 32nd consecutive non-conference win in Bramlage Coliseum for K-State… The streak dates back to 2007.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and sophomore forward Wally Judge… This is the first time this season this starting lineup has been used.
• The Wildcats posted 20+ assists for the third straight game with 22.
• K-State had 4 players score in double digits in the win… this marks the 5th time this season four or more Wildcats have scored in double digits in a game… K-State is 4-1 in those games.
• K-State is now 55-2 when scoring 80+ points in a game in the Frank Martin era.
• The 92 points scored by K-State is the most allowed by Savannah State this season… The previous high for a Savannah State opponent was 79 by Indiana.
• The Wildcats scored 23 points off the bench… K-State has scored 20+ from nonstarters in 12 games this season winning 10 of those contests.
• Jacob Pullen returned after serving a three-game suspension for NCAA violations and scored 24 points shooting 9-of-11… Pullen was nearly perfect in the first half missing just one shot to score 19 points in the opening stanza, tying for the fifth most points in a half in his career… His 81.8 shooting percentage was the highest of his career as well best his 72.7 mark at Iowa State in 2008.
• Wally Judge posted his second double-double of the season with 13 points and a career-high 14 rebounds… Judge has averaged a double-double over the last three contests with 16.33 points and 11.33 rebounds.
• Rodney McGruder had a complete game scoring 15 points while pulling down 6 rebounds and contributing 4 assists… he has averaged 14.75 points a game over the last four contests.
• Jamar Samuels posted double digits in scoring for the second straight contest with 11 points… He added 4 rebounds and improved his free-throw percentage making 3-of-4.