Jan. 7, 2012
(22/23) Kansas State (12-2, 1-1) 75 – (7/6) Missouri (14-1, 1-1) 59
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 282-92 (.753) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1500-1098 (.577) all-time and 107-45 (.707) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 8-3 this season when scoring the first points in the game … Jordan Henriquez scored a 2-point jumper with 19:03 left in the first half.
• K-State led Missouri 44-25 at the half … The team is now 10-1 this season when leading at the halftime break … K-State opened up the game with a 14-4 run, spanning for 6:56.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Martavious Irving, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and junior forward Jordan Henriquez This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season … They are now 1-0 using this lineup.
• K-State tied the longest winning streak in Bramlage Coliseum by gaining their 14th win today … K-State also extended its streak to 119 consecutive games with a 3-point field goal.
• This is the second ranked opponent that K-State has beaten this season … The Wildcats beat (17/18) Alabama on Dec. 17, 2011, 71-58 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.
• K-State held Missouri to shooting 32.7 percent (16-of-49) from the floor, their season low … Missouri was No. 1 in the nation in shooting entering today’s contest shooting 52.2 percent… Missouri was also held to shooting 29.2 percent (7-of-24) from beyond the arc, another season low.
• Coach Frank Martin chalked his 18th win against a Top 25 team, his 6th against a Top 10 team.
• K-State is now 38-2 in the Frank Martin era when allowing less than 60 points and 6-0 this season… K-State’s only opponent to score more than 70 this season was West Virginia in double overtime.
• Rodney McGruder led the Wildcats with 20 points, keeping his hot hand on 9-of-17 shooting… He shot 2-of-2 from the free-throw line.
• Will Spradling tallied 14 points and shot 4-of-8 from the field and was 3-of-6 from deep.
• Jordan Henriquez scored 10 points … He was 4-of-9 from the floor … He also pulled down 8 rebounds … He swatted 4 shots during the game.
• Shane Southwell only scored 4 points, but dished 6 assists in his 25 minutes in the game … He also grabbed 5 rebounds.
• Thomas Gipson scored 9 points and shot 4-of-5 … He drew his first charge of the season during today’s game.