Jan. 8, 2011
17/17 Kansas State (12-4, 0-1) 62 – Oklahoma State (13-2, 1-0) 76
Gallagher-Iba Arena – Stillwater, Okla.
Saturday, January 8, 2011
• With today’s loss the Wildcats are 49-49 all-time in conference openers including 16-31 when playing on the road… K-State is 5-10 in the Big 12 era with a 2-8 record on the road.
• K-State now holds a 70-47 lead in the all-time series with Oklahoma State dating back to 1927… The Cowboys are 28-23 at home and have won 15 of the last 16 meetings in Gallagher-Iba Arena, including 11 straight… The last time K-State won in Gallagher-Iba was on Jan. 9, 1993 in overtime 75-62.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and sophomore forward Wally Judge… This is the second time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 1-1 record.
• The Wildcats shot 77.4 percent from the free-throw line hitting on 24-of-31 attempts… It is the team’s highest free-throw percentage of the season.
• K-State out-rebounded OSU 38-33 on Saturday… The Wildcats have pulled down more rebounds than their opponents in all but two games… Today marks just the second time K-State has lost this season when out-rebounding its opponent.
• K-State tallied 8 points off turnovers compared to Oklahoma State’s 27… The Wildcats forced just 10 turnovers in the contest while committing 21 of their own.
• The Wildcats scored just 6 points off the bench… K-State entered Saturday’s contest averaging 27.7 points per game from subs.
• Jacob Pullen had another big day scoring in his second game back after suspension with 19 points… He shot 4-of-11 and 11-of-14 at the line.
• Rodney McGruder posted double digits with 19 points marking his fourth game in the last five scoring 10+… In that span he has averaged 15.6 points a game… McGruder pulled down 6 rebounds to lead the team in the effort as well.