Jan. 12, 2011
21/20 Kansas State (12-5, 0-2) 66 – Colorado (13-4, 2-0) 74
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
• Today’s game was the 359th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 267-92 (.744) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• K-State now holds a 96-45 lead in the all-time series with Colorado dating back to 1933… The Cats are 54-10 at home against the Buffaloes… The loss ends a 9-game winning streak over the Buffaloes.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and sophomore forward Wally Judge… This is the third time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 1-2 record.
• K-State tallied 16 off turnovers after converting miscues by Oklahoma State into just 8 points last time out… Colorado turned the ball over 20 times… Colorado was able to counter scoring 15 points off of 15 K-State turnovers.
• The Wildcats scored 21 points off the bench … K-State entered Saturday’s contest averaging 26.3 points per game from subs… In their last game, the Wildcats only scored 6 points off the bench at Oklahoma State on Saturday.
• This is the first time K-State has opened Big 12 Conference play 0-2 since the 2008-09 season when the Wildcats lost to No. 6 Oklahoma and Kansas to start league play… That season K-State lost its first four conference games falling at Nebraska and to Baylor at home.
• Jacob Pullen scored a game-high 22 points in the loss marking three straight games with 20+ points… He posted 6 assists to bring his career total to 395 and tie for second with Clent Stewart all-time at K-State… Pullen’s 4 steals move him only 3 behind Steve Henson (190) for the most in school history..
• Rodney McGruder posted double digits with 12 points marking his fifth game in the last six scoring 10+… In that span he has averaged 15.0 points a game.
• Martavious Irving tied his career-high of 12 points in tonight’s contest… It marks his first double-digit scoring effort in five games when he posted 10 points against UNLV… His other 12-point showing was at Loyola Chicago.