Jan. 19, 2013
• Kansas State has now won a season-best eight consecutive games, including four in a row in Big 12 play… The eight-game winning streak is the longest since the team won 10 straight from Nov. 21, 2009 to Jan. 3, 2010… K-State has posted 14 streaks of at least five games in the last seven seasons… The 4-0 start to Big 12 play is the best start to league play since the 2007-08 season when the Wildcats won their first five games.
• Kansas State is now 295-96 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 11-0 at home this season, including a 10-0 mark at Bramlage Coliseum, and have won 12 straight at home dating back to last season… The 11-game winning streak is the fourth-longest in the arena’s 25-year history, including the longest since K-State rattled off 14 consecutive wins (ties for the longest) from Jan. 15, 2011 to Jan. 7, 2012.
• Kansas State snapped a two-game losing streak to Oklahoma and is now 92-104 against the Sooners, including 56-35 at home... The Sooners are one of just two Big 12 teams to hold a series advantage over the Wildcats.
• The starting lineup for this afternoon’s contest consisted of sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 6-0 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Saturday was announced as 12,528… It marked the third sellout this season with the Wildcats averaging more 12,000 fans for all 10 home games this season… K-State is averaging 12,612 fans at home this season.
• K-State has now held 13 of 17 opponents to 65 points or less this season, including eight to 55 points or less, while seven have been held to under 40 percent shooting and four to under 20 percent shooting from 3-point range.
• K-State forced Oklahoma into 16 turnovers, scoring 26 points off those miscues… The Wildcats has tallied 10 or more points off of turnovers in 14 of 17 games, including 20 or more points in five games… The team is now 12-0 this season when scoring more points off of turnovers.
• The Wildcats tallied 17 assists off of 22 field goals made, while posting a season-low eight turnovers for the second consecutive game.
• K-State won the first time (1-2) this season when being out-rebounded… Oklahoma posted a 39-25 edge on the glass, including 14-6 on the offensive glass.
• Rodney McGruder finished the game with 20 points… This marks the 18th time he has scored 20 or more points in game, including the fifth season. K-State is 16-2 when he scores 20 or more points in a game in his career, including 5-0 this season.
• Will Spradling ended the game with 15 points and dished out three assists… He went 3-of-6 from three-point range… He has now scored in double figures in 31 career games, including eight times this season.
• Shane Southwell came up just shy of a double-double, finishing with 12 points and a team-high seven rebounds… He has now scored in double figures in eight career games, including four this season… K-State is now 8-0 when Southwell has double-digit points.
• Angel Rodriguez finished with a career-high nine assists while adding 12 points… He has now scored in double figures in 22 career games, including eight this season.