Jan. 28, 2012
(22/24) Kansas State (15-5, 4-4) 60 – Oklahoma (13-7, 3-5) 63
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 283-94 (.751) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1503-1061 (.586) all-time and 110-47 (.701) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 91-104 against the Sooners and 3-3 under Frank Martin.
• K-State trailed Oklahoma 28-34 at the half thanks to a 5-0 run by the Sooners to close the half … The team is now 2-3 this season when trailing at the halftime break
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson. This is the fourth time K-State has used this lineup this season … They are now 3-1 using this lineup.
• K-State’s defense has been able to draw charges all season and tonight the Wildcats took 6 charges… Jamar Samuels led the way taking 3 charges in today’s contest… He has now taken 9 charges on the year.
• The Wildcats made only three 3-pointers on the day shooting 3-of-17 (17.6 percent)… Rodney McGruder was 1-of-6 and Will Spradling was 0-for-5.
• K-State shot an impressive 83.3 percent (15-of-18) from the free-throw line today… That is a new season-high besting the previous mark of 78.3 twice this year… The Wildcats were a perfect 4-of-4 over the last five minutes of the contest.
• The Wildcats out-rebounded the Sooners 33-29 but to no avail in the loss… K-State is now 13-3 this season when pulling down more rebounds than the opponent.
• K-State is now 4-1 this season when scoring fewer than 70 points… When opponents score fewer than 70 this season K-State is now 11-2.
• Rodney McGruder led the Wildcats with 19 points … He was 6-of-14 from the field and 6-of-6 at the free-throw line.
• Jordan Henriquez scored 9 points … He was 3-of-3 from the floor … He also pulled down 6 rebounds.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 10 points and shot 4-of-10.
• Steven Pledger scored 30 points for the Sooners… his total ties for the most points allowed by the Wildcats to a single player and most in a Big 12 Conference game… West Virginia’s Kevin Jones scored 30 in double overtime, and J’Covan Brown scored 22 for Texas on Jan. 18.