Feb. 2, 2011
Kansas State (15-8, 3-5) 69 – rv/rv Nebraska (15-6, 3-4) 53
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Today’s game was the 362nd men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 270-92 (.746) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Kansas State is now 125-93 all-time against Nebraska… The Wildcats are 69-35 at home against the Cornhuskers.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of freshman guard Shane Southwell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the sixth time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 3-3 record.
• K-State held Nebraska to just 17 points in the first half marking the fewest points allowed by the Wildcats in the opening stanza this season… This bests the 18 points against Baylor last Monday and Texas Southern on Nov. 26… Nebraska’s 53 points for the game also are a season-low for a K-State opponent, two fewer than Alcorn State on Dec. 6.
• K-State shot 84.0 percent (21-of-25) for a new season-high from the free-throw line…The Wildcats have improved at the line of late shooting 73.1 percent (177-of-242) over the last 10 games… K-State has now posted percentages o f 72.0 or higher in four of the last six games.
• The Wildcats are now 30-1 under Frank Martin when holding their opponents under 60 points and 4-1 this season.
• K-State forced Nebraska into 22 turnovers and converted them into 21 points… It is the 6th time this season the Wildcats have scored 20+ points off turnovers.
• The Wildcats dominated on the glass out-rebounding Nebraska 32-24… K-State turned 12 offensive rebounds into 10 second chance points… The Wildcats are now 14-3 when they out-rebound their opponent.
• Jacob Pullen led the Wildcats in scoring for the 5th straight game posting 18 points bringing his career total to 1,868… He now trails only Mike Evans (2,115) on the all-time list at K-State.
• Curtis Kelly scored 16 points in tonight’s contest marking his 9th game in double digits … Kelly also tallied 1 block to move into a tied for 5th all-time in K-State history Pervis Pasco (2001-03) with 92… He also was a perfect 5-of-5 at the free-throw line.