Feb. 4, 2012
(rv/rv) Kansas State (16-6, 5-5) 64 – Texas A&M (12-10, 3-7) 53
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 284-94 (.751) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1504-1062 (.586) all-time and 111-49 (.694) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 16-7 against the Aggies and 4-2 under Frank Martin… K-State an undefeated 10-0 all-time at home against Texas A&M.
• K-State trailed Texas A&M 25-24 at halftime… The Wildcats are now 3-3 this season when trailing at the half.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson. This is the sixth time K-State has used this lineup this season … They are now 4-2 using this lineup.
• K-State’s defense forced Texas A&M into 19 turnovers… The Wildcats were able to convert them into 19 points off turnovers… K-State had only 2 points off of 10 turnovers in the first half.
• The Wildcats dominated the play inside with 30 points in the paint… Texas A&M had only 14 points in the paint.
• K-State pulled down 9 offensive rebounds… That led to 17 second chance points… The Wildcats outrebounded Texas A&M 31-23 on the afternoon… K-State is now 14-4 this season when out-rebounding the opponent.
• K-State is now 9-0 this season when scoring holding the opponent to fewer than 60 points… The Wildcats are 41-2 in those games during the Frank Martin era.
• Will Spradling scored a career-high 19 points … He shot 4-of-5 from long range after shooting 1-of-13 the previous four games combined… He posted 12 of those points in the first half when he shot 3-of-3 from beyond the arc… It is the 12th time this season he has scored in double digits.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 13 points and shot 5-of-10… The freshman dished out 4 assists and had 5 rebounds.
• Rodney McGruder was held in single digits scoring for the first time since Dec. 23 against UTEP when he tallied only 4 points… McGruder had 5 points all in the second half as he shot 1-of-9 from the field.
• Jamar Samuels led the Wildcats with 6 rebounds… He also scored 8 points.