Feb. 7, 2012
(rv/nr) Kansas State (17-6, 6-5) 65 – Texas Tech (7-16, 0-11) 46
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 285-94 (.752) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1505-1062 (.586) all-time and 112-49 (.696) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 16-12 against the Red Raiders and 5-1 under Frank Martin… K-State is 10-3 all-time at home against Texas Tech.
• K-State led Texas Tech 31-17 at halftime… The Wildcats are now 14-3 this season when leading at the half.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson. This is the seventh time K-State has used this lineup this season … They are now 5-2 using this lineup.
• Texas Tech scored 46 points on the night – that total is tied for the 5th fewest allowed by K-State in a Big 12 Conference game… K-State’s defense allowed the Red Raiders to score 17 points in the first half… That total is the fewest points surrendered by K-State in the first half this season… The previous low was 18 points scored by Howard… Tech scored 20 points in the opening stanza in the first meeting this season in Lubbock.
• The Wildcats made 30 free throws for a new season-high surpassing the previous best of 24 against Southern Illinois… K-State shot 30-of-40… The 40 attempts ties a season-high.
• K-State scored 32 points off the bench points… That is the most by the Wildcats since scoring 38 off the bench against Texas Tech in Lubbock on Jan. 25.
• K-State had its lowest shooting percentage on the season despite the win… The Wildcats shot 15-of-50 from the field for 30.0 percent… The previous season-low was 31.6 percent in the loss at Kansas… Tech’s shooting percentage of 28.9 was a season-low for an opponent as well.
• K-State is now 10-0 this season when scoring holding the opponent to fewer than 60 points… The Wildcats are 42-2 in those games during the Frank Martin era… This is the 9th time K-State has held an opponent under 50 points in the Martin era.
• Shane Southwell led the Wildcats in scoring with 13 points… It is a new career-high and is the first time he has led the team in scoring… Southwell was 3-of-10 shooting and made all six of his free throws.
• Will Spradling and Rodney McGruder each scored 10 points… All of Spradling’s points came at the free-throw line where he was a perfect 10-of-10.
• Adrian Diaz scored 7 points and pulled down 8 rebounds… 6 of his rebounds came on the offensive end to help K-State score 18 second chance points.