Feb. 9, 2013
No. 13/15 Kansas State (19-4, 8-2) 79, Iowa State (16-7, 6-4) 70
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 297-97 (.754) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 13-1 at home this year, including 12-1 at Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats are now 136-80 against Iowa Sate, and 12-5 at home in the Big 12 era… Today’s win snapped a three-game losing streak to the Cyclones.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jordan Henriquez and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 4-0 when using this lineup.
• The last time K-State had 2 players score 20+ points in the same game was against Texas on Feb. 28, 2011, when Rodney McGruder scored 22 and Jacob Pullen added 20.
• Attendance on Wednesday was announced as 12,109… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,564 so far this season.
• K-State scored 20 second chance points thanks to 12 offensive rebounds… The Wildcats only had 3 second chance points at halftime due to just 3 offensive boards.
• Points off turnovers was again a key to the game… Iowa State led the category at halftime 12-11, but K-State held onto the ball in the second half for a 27-13 advantage for the game.
• The Wildcats are No. 1 in the Big 12 in scoring defense and held another opponent below its own scoring average today… Entering today Iowa State was averaging 78.7 points per game.
• K-State forced Iowa State into 20 turnovers on the day, which is a new season-high in conference play… It marks the third time this season the Wildcats have forced 20+ turnovers.
• Rodney McGruder scored 22 points… It is the19th time in his career he has scored 20+, K-State is now 17-2 in those games… He was 7-of-13 from the field and 3-of-4 from 3-point range… McGruder also had a career-high 5 assists.
• Angel Rodriguez scored a career-high 20 points and dished out 3 assists… He was a perfect 7-of-7 at the free-throw line.
• Thomas Gipson provided power inside with 16 points and 7 rebounds… He was 6-of-8 shooting and 4-of-5 at the free-throw line… He has scored 10+ points in 3 of the last 4 games.
• Martavious Irving came off the bench to score 10 points and hitting on 2-of-4 from deep.