Feb. 11, 2013
No. 10/11 K-State (19-5, 8-3) 62, No. 14/13 Kansas (20-4, 8-3) 83
Allen Fieldhouse – Lawrence, Kan.
• The Wildcats are now 91-184 against Kansas, including 35-83 on the road… The Jayhawks are one of only two Big 12 teams joining Oklahoma to hold a winning record against K-State in Bramlage Coliseum against the Wildcats… Today was only the 17th time in the series history that both teams were ranked in the Associate Press Top 25… Tonight’s contest was the first time since Feb. 20, 1982, that the Wildcats came to Allen Fieldhouse ranked higher than the Jayhawks when both teams were ranked by the AP.
• K-State is now 5-2 on the road this season with those two losses at Iowa State and Kansas.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jordan Henriquez and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 4-1 when using this lineup.
• With the loss, K-State and KU remain tied for first place in the Big 12 Conference standings with seven games remaining on the schedule.
• K-State’s defense forced Kansas into 13 turnovers and had a season-high 12 steals… the previous high was 11 against Lamar on November 12.
• KU entered tonight’s contest leading the nation in defensive shooting percentage at 36.0 percent… K-State shot 40.0 percent on 20-of-50 shooting while the Wildcats allowed KU to shoot 28-of-58 for 48.3 percent.
• K-State scored only 2 second chance points on 6 offensive rebounds… KU crashed the offensive glass with 14 offensive rebounds for 19 second chance points.
• The Wildcats were out-rebounded 23-41 on the night… The -18 margin was the largest of the season… K-State is now 3-5 in games the opponent gets more rebounds this season.
• Rodney McGruder scored 20 points and led the team with 6 rebounds… It is the20th time in his career he has scored 20+ and K-State is now 17-3 in those games… It was the second straight game he has posted at least 20 points for the Wildcats… He shot 7-of-14 from the field… McGruder is averaging 20.0 points per game over the last three contests.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 17 points and dished out 6 assists.
• Shane Southwell scored 9 points and tallied a career-high 4 steals.