Feb. 11, 2014
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (17-7, 7-4 Big 12) 85 – 7/7 Kansas (18-6, 9-2 Big 12) 82 (OT)
Monday, February 10, 2014
Manhattan, Kan. | Bramlage Coliseum
• With today’s win, K-State is now 1,546-1,084 all-time in program history.
• K-State is now 314-98 all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including 121-79 in conference play.
• Head coach Bruce Weber is now 357-170 in his career and 44-15 in his second season at K-State.
• With the win, K-State has won 13 consecutive games at home, which is the 3rd-longest streak in Bramlage Coliseum, and the longest since winning 14 in a row from Jan. 15, 2011 to Jan. 7, 2012.
• K-State is now 30-2 at home under Weber, including 14-1 in Big 12 play.
• K-State is now 118-19 overall at home since 2006-07, including 49-15 at home in Big 12 play.
• K-State has now won 9 of its last 12 meetings against ranked teams at Bramlage Coliseum, including wins over No. 6 Oklahoma State, No. 25 Oklahoma, No. 15 Texas and No. 7 Kansas… It marked the 27th win over a Top 25 team in Bramlage Coliseum history.
• The win marked the 22nd time in school history that an unranked K-State team has defeated a Top 10 opponent and the first time since a 78-68 win at No. 3 Missouri on Feb. 21, 2012.
• Tonight’s win was the first for Bruce Weber over Kansas during his tenure… He has now beaten every team in the Big 12 at least once in his tenure.
• Tonight’s overtime game was the first for Weber at K-State…The Wildcats improved to 66-39 in overtime games… It is the first OT game since a 79-68 win over North Florida on Dec. 11, 2011.
• Tonight’s win marked the 100th time that K-State has beaten a ranked team.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, senior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Shane Southwell, freshman forward Wesley Iwundu and junior forward Thomas Gipson… This is the 19th time K-State has used this starting lineup this season and now holds a 15-4 record with this starting five.
• K-State has scored 70 or more points in 11 of the last 15 games, including 7 times in Big 12 play…K-State is now 27-3 under Weber when scoring 70+ points, including 12-2 this season.
• K-State connected on 49.2 percent (30-of-61) from the field, including a season-high 53.3 percent (8-of-15) from 3-point range… It marked the 3rd time this season that the Wildcats have shot 50 percent or better from beyond the arc including the 2nd game in a row.
• K-State held Kansas to 41.8 percent (28-of-67) from the field, including a season-low 17.6 percent (3-of-17) from the 3-point range.
• K-State continued to share the ball at a high rate, dishing out 19 assists on 30 field goals made tonight… The 19 assists are the most allowed by Kansas this season.
• K-State’s bench had a season-high 30 points and outscored Kansas, 30-26… It is the 10th time this season that K-State reserves have accounted for 20+ points, including 4 times in Big 12 play.
• The Wildcats had 4 blocked shots on the night, one short of a season high.
• Freshman Marcus Foster recorded a game-high 20 points on 5-of-10 field goals, including 4-of-5 from 3-point range, and 6-of-7 from free throw line… It marked the 19th time this season that Foster has scored in double figures, including the 5th time with 20 or more points… He has scored 20 or more points in 4 of the last 5 games.
• Senior Will Spradling had a very efficient game, scoring 15 points on 5-of-8 field goals, including 3-of-5 from 3-point range, 5 assists, 3 steals and a team-high and career-high 6 rebounds… He has now scored in double figures in 42 career games, including 7 this season.
• With 5 assists tonight, Spradling becomes just the 6th Wildcat (and the 1st since Jacob Pullen) to collect 300 assists in a career.
• Sophomore D.J. Johnson was big off the bench with 9 points on 4-of-5 shooting from the field and adding 4 rebounds and 2 blocks.
• Senior Omari Lawrence played solid off the bench, playing in his second-most minutes this season (22) and contributing his second-most points this season (9).
• Juniors Thomas Gipson and Nino Williams both shot 4-of-9 from the field and grabbed 3 rebounds each.