Feb. 13, 2012
(rv/nr) Kansas State (17-8, 6-7) 53 – (4/5) Kansas (21-5, 11-2) 59
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 285-95 (.750) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1505-1064 (.586) all-time and 112-51 (.687) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 91-182 against the Jayhawks and 2-9 under Frank Martin… K-State is 45-74 all-time at home against KU.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and junior forward Jordan Henriquez. This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season.
• K-State pulled down 45 rebounds to defeat KU on the glass 45-39… The Wildcats had 21 offensive rebounds and turned them into 14 second chance points… K-State was averaging 14.25 second chance points in Big 12 play entering tonight’s game.
• The 21 offensive rebounds are the most by the Wildcats since pulling down 22 at Oklahoma State (Jan. 21)… It is the 4th time this season K-State has had 20+ offensive rebounds.
• The Wildcats scored 18 points in the first half – the fewest this season… It marked just the seventh time this season K-State has trailed at the break… The Wildcats are now 3-3 when trailing at half this season and 13-31 under Frank Martin.
• K-State shot 22.6 percent (7-of-31) in the first half – the lowest to open a game this season… KU shot 38.5 percent (10-of-26) in the first half.
• K-State scored 7 points off the bench … The Wildcats held KU to only 2 points off the bench with those coming in the closing seconds at the free-throw line…. The Jayhawks were averaging 13.0 per game entering tonight’s contest... This marks the fewest by K-State this season with the previous low being 10 bench points three times.
• K-State is now 10-1 this season when holding the opponent to fewer than 60 points… The Wildcats are 42-3 in those games during the Frank Martin era.
• The Wildcats were out-scored on the break 14-2 with KU scoring in transition.
• Jamar Samuels led K-State with 20 points and 12 rebounds… It was his 10th career double-double… This was the first time K-State has lost a game when Samuels posts a double-double… Samuels was 4-of-6 from beyond the arc and was the only Wildcat to hit a 3-pointer.
• Rodney McGruder scored 12 points on 5-of-15 shooting… He also pulled down 8 rebounds.
• Will Spradling scored 10 points on the night shooting 4-of-13 from the field… He was held scoreless in the first half miss all three of his shot attempts.