Feb. 19, 2011
Kansas State (18-9, 5-6) 77 – Oklahoma (12-14, 4-8) 62
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Today’s game was the 364th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 272-92 (.747) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• The Wildcats are now 91-102 against the Sooners, including 10-5 in the Big12 era… The Wildcats have won 4 of the last 5 meetings with OU… K-State is 55-34 at home in the series.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of freshman guard Shane Southwell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the 10th time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 6-4 record.
• The Wildcats utilized three runs of 9-0 or bigger in today’s win… K-State went on runs of 13, 9 and 14 points on its way to victory.
• K-State is now 14-0 this season when scoring 70+ points… That record includes four conference games… in the Frank Martin era the Wildcats are 79-16 scoring 70+.
• K-State scored 21 points off 15 turnovers… It marks the first time in conference play the Wildcats have scored 20+ points off opponent miscues in consecutive games.
• The Wildcats scored 16 points on fast breaks… It is the most quick-strike points K-State has scored since posting 23 against Texas Tech on Jan. 15… It also is just the second time in conference play the Wildcats have used the break to post double digit points.
• K-State hit 19-of-21free throws for a 90.5 percentage… It is the highest percentage of the season at the free-throw line for the Wildcats as well.
• Jacob Pullen scored 27 points this afternoon bringing his career total to 1,966 trailing only Mike Evans (2,115)… He has scored 65 points over the last two games to average 32.5 points this week… Pullen was a perfect 8-of-8 at the free-throw line… Pullen has now played in more games than any Wildcat in history with 128, moving past Steve Henson (127).
• Rodney McGruder posted 20 points on the afternoon… it is the most he has scored in a Big 12 Conference game and the most overall since putting 24 points on the board against UMKC on Dec. 23… most 3’s since hitting 7 against UMKC
• Shane Southwell led the Wildcats with 6 rebounds for a new career-high… It marks the first time he has pulled down the most rebounds for K-State this season…He also led the team with 5 assists for another career-high.