Feb. 25, 2013
No. 13/13 K-State (23-5, 12-3) 75, Texas Tech (9-17, 2-13) 55
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 300-97 (.756) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 16-1 at home this year, including 15-1 at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 20-10 against Texas Tech, including 12-2 at home.
• Tonight’s victory is the 97th in the career of seniors Rodney McGruder, Jordan Henriquez and Martavious Irving… They are now the winningest class in K-State history and are the fourth straight senior class to tally 90 wins in their career.
• The Wildcats are now 23-5 on the year… The win ties Bruce Weber with Bob Huggins (2006-07) for the most wins by a K-State coach in his first year leading the Wildcats.
• K-State is now 12-3 in Big 12 play… This is the first time K-State has had 12 conference wins since the 1972-73 squad won 12 in the Big 8 era… K-State remains in 1st place with the win.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 7-2 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Monday night was 12,216… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,528 this year.
• K-State dominated the glass out-rebounding Tech 41-20… The Wildcats pulled down 14 offensive rebounds resulting in 19 second chance points…Tech only had 4 second chance points on 4 offensive rebounds.
• K-State scored 44 points in the paint for a new season-high due in part to the offensive rebounding and points off turnovers…The previous high was 42 against Texas.
• Thomas Gipson scored a season high and most points scored in conference play with 20 points on 7/9 for shooting and pull down 8 rebounds… In the first half, Gipson was 4/4…9th time he’s led the team in scoring... The team is (8-1) when he leads…
• Nino Williams scored 11 points off the bench, going on a 9-0 run in the second half… He was 5-of -8 shooting, with 7 rebounds…2 steals tying his season high…
• Angel Rodriguez scored 16 points and had 7 assists… This marks the 5th game in a row he’s had 6 or more assists.