March 3, 2012
(rv/rv) Kansas State (21-9, 10-8) 77 – Oklahoma State (14-17, 7-11) 58
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum – Attendance: 12,528
• K-State is now 286-96 (.749) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a single season record below .500 in games played in the Octagon of Doom.
• K-State is now 1509-1065 (.586) all-time and 116-52 (.690) under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats are now 72-47 against the Cowboys and 4-3 under Frank Martin… K-State is 35-15 all-time at home against Oklahoma State.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup this afternoon consisted of freshman guard Angel Rodriguez, sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and senior forward Victor Ojeleye. This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season… This was Ojeleye’s first career start.
• With today’s win K-State is the only school to finish in the Top 5 in Big 12 in both men’s and women’s basketball each of the last two years.
• K-State is now 12-1 this season when holding the opponent to fewer than 60 points… The Wildcats are 44-3 in those games during the Frank Martin era.
• K-State pulled down 35 rebounds to defeat OSU on the glass 35-27.
• The Wildcats forced OSU into 19 turnovers and converted them into 24 points off turnovers… It was the 12th time this season K-State has scored 20+ off opponents’ miscues… K-State is 9-3 in those games.
• K-State shot 30-of-58 from the field (51.7 percent) to make at least half its shots for the seventh time this season… The Wildcats are 6-1 in those games.
• The Wildcats led 40-33 at halftime and opened the second half with a 12-3 run at the first media timeout… It marked the 100th game K-State has won under Frank Martin when leading at the half… In his tenure K-State is 100-15 when leading at the break.
• K-State scored 22 points off the bench … The Wildcats have scored 20+ off the bench in 13 times this season… The Wildcats are averaging 17.4 bench points in Big 12 play.
• Rodney McGruder scored 24 points on 10-of-14 shooting and 4-of-6 from beyond the arc… It is the 9th time this season he has scored 20+ and 13th in his career… K-State is 11-2 in those games.
• Jamar Samuels joined an elite class of rebounders in K-State history today… Samuels pulled down 12 boards to bring his career total to 708… He is the sixth Wildcat to reach the 700-mark in career rebounds… He also tallied his 13th career double-double with 17 points… K-State is now 12-1 when Samuels has a double-double.
• Jordan Henriquez 16 points and 8 rebounds… He shot 7-of8 from the field… This was the 8th time this season he has scored in double digits and 4th in conference play.