March 5, 2011
Kansas State (22-9, 10-6) 67 – Iowa State (16-15, 3-13) 55
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Today’s game was the 366th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 274-92 (.749) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• This season at Bramlage Coliseum the Wildcats went 16-1 to tie the most wins in a season at Bramlage set in 2008-09… It marks the 10th straight season of 11 or more home wins.
• The Wildcats are now 135-77 against the Cyclones, including 78-24 at home … The Wildcats have won 10 of the last 11 meetings with ISU.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of freshman guard Shane Southwell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, senior guard Jacob Pullen, junior forward Jamar Samuels and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the 14th time this season this starting lineup has been used with a 10-4 record.
• The Wildcats had 8 blocks on the day… The team has collected 28 blocks over the four games to average 7 blocks during that span… Henriquez-Roberts had 5 on the night marking the second straight game K-State has had a player with 5+ blocks… The Wildcats now have 148 blocks for the season which ranks second in K-State history behind only the 187 blocks from last season.
• K-State scored 22 points off the bench… It marks the 20th time this season and 8th in conference play the Wildcats have scored 20+ points off opponent miscues.
• Jacob Pullen scored 17 points this afternoon bringing his career total to 2,054 trailing only Mike Evans (2,115)… He scored 11 points in the second half after struggling in the first half on just 1-of-4 shooting to open the game.
• Curtis Kelly posted his third straight double-digit scoring effort today with 13 points… He has averaged 14.33 points per game over that stretch to close the regular season.
• Will Spradling posted 13 points on the afternoon… He also had strong numbers across the stat sheet with 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals… The freshman shot 3-of-6 from long range and was 4-of-5 at the free-throw line.
• Jordan Henriquez-Roberts tallied 5 blocks to tie his career-high… His 41 blocks this season are the most blocks by a sophomore in K-State history… He had a strong defensive game adding 7 rebounds and 3 steals.