March 5, 2013
No. 9/10 K-State (25-5, 14-3) 79, TCU (10-20, 1-16) 68
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 301-97 (.756) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are 17-1 at home this year, including 16-1 at Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 5-2 against TCU.
• Tonight’s victory on Senior Night is the 99th in the career of Rodney McGruder, Jordan Henriquez and Martavious Irving as they are now the winningest class in K-State history and are the fourth straight senior class to tally 90 wins in their career.
• The Wildcats are now 10-0 on the year against teams from the state of Texas (Baylor, Lamar, TCU, Texas, Texas Southern, Texas Tech).
• K-State is now 14-3 in Big 12 play… With 14 league wins it ties for the most in school history dating back to 1958-59 when the Wildcats went 14-0 in the first year of the Big Eight.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, senior guard Martavious Irving, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season.
• Attendance on Monday night was 12,528… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,528 this year.
• The Wildcats had five players score in double digits for the second time this season: Rodriguez (21), Southwell/Irving (15), McGruder (13), Gipson (11)
• K-State is now 10-0 this season when scoring 70 or more points… The Wildcats shot 54.4 percent (31-of-57) to mark the 9th time this season…. K-State is 8-1 in those games… The Wildcats shot 63.0 percent (17-of-27) in the first half.
• The Wildcats tallied a season-high 27 assists (11th in school history)… K-State was efficient in the first half tallying 17 baskets with 17 assists.
• Angel Rodriguez scored 21 points and tied a career-high 10 assists… It was his second double-double of his career and marked the 7th straight game he has had 6 or more assists.
• Shane Southwell scored 15 points (all in the first half)… He was a perfect 6-for-6 shooting in the first half and 3-of-3 from beyond the arc before missing two shots in the second half.
• Thomas Gipson scored 11 points going 5-for-5 off the bench.
• Martavious Irving scored 15 points on 4-of-9 shooting and 3-of-6 from deep tying his career-high for 3-pointers made.
• Rodney McGruder posted 13 points on 6-of-16 shooting and added 5 assists, tying a career-high.