Nov. 6, 2011
Kansas State 90 – Fort Hays State 60
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State has an overall exhibition record of 49-16 with a home exhibition record of 39-9 with the last home loss against EA Sports All-Stars, 79-67 on Nov. 6, 2003.
• In tonight’s exhibition Kansas State started one freshman players.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted junior guard Martavious Irving, junior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore guard Will Spradling, freshman forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Jordan Henriquez.
• In the first half, the Wildcats were 17-of-35 (48.6%) from the field, 6-of-13 (46.2%) from beyond the arc with 18 of their 46 points coming off the bench. Overall, K-State was 30-of-65 (46.2%) from the field, 7-of-20 (35%) from beyond the arc to finish the game. The Wildcats finished with 35 bench points.
• On the night, 13 different Wildcats scored. Of those players 5 scored in double figures, the last time that happened was early in the last year’s campaign against North Florida.
• The Wildcats out-rebounded Fort Hays State 46-30 and had 8 steals on the night.
• Angel Rodriguez led all scorers for the Wildcats with 15 points. Rodriguez was 4-of-5 from the field and 3-of-3 from 3-point range.
• Thomas Gipson was the second leading scorer for the Wildcats with 14 points and added 6 rebounds on the day.
• Jordan Henriquez had 5 offensive and 5 defensive rebounds for a game high 10 for the Wildcats. He also contributed 11 points for the Wildcats for a double-double
• Sophomore Will Spradling had an assist-to-turnover ratio of 3-0making 5-of-6 free throws. He finished the game with 12 total points for the Wildcats.
• Martavious Irving was 5-of-11 shooting and 1-of-4 from 3-point range for a total of 12 pts. He also pulled in 3 rebounds in the effort.