Nov. 9, 2013
• K-State is now 2-3 (.400) all-time against Northern Colorado … The Wildcats are also now 15-5 (.750) against Big Sky Conference schools.
• Head Coach Bruce Weber is now 340-164 (.674) all time and 27-8 overall at K-State… Weber is 14-2 (.875) all time in season openers.
• The Wildcats have a 20-2 (.909) record in season openers in Bramlage Coliseum… Before tonight, K-State had won 19 consecutive home openers.
• Northern Colorado senior forward Derrick Barden had a game-high 17 rebounds, the first opponent player to have more then 15 rebounds since Fred Chatmon of UMKC pulled down 16 boards on December 29, 2012.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, senior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Omari Lawrence, junior forward Nino Williams and junior forward D.J. Johnson… This is the eighth time since 2003-04 that K-State has started a freshman in a season opener.
• K-State is now 0-1 this season when scoring when being held under 60 points… The Wildcats are also 2-3 when scoring fewer than 60 in the Bruce Weber era.
• K-State had 21 points from its bench, with 14 points coming from freshman guard Wesley Iwundu… Iwundu was one of four freshmen to play during the game… The Wildcat newcomers combined for 22 points and 14 rebounds on the night.
• The Wildcats had 16 offensive rebounds which marks the fifth time in the Bruce Weber era that a team recorded more than 15 offensive rebounds in a regular season game.
• K-State shot 2-of-19 (10.5 percent) from 3-point range … The Wildcats allowed Northern Colorado to shoot 23.1 percent (3-of-13) from beyond the arc… The Bears were 21-of-52 (40.4 percent) from the field… Northern Colorado was 15-of-25 from the free-throw line.
• Iwundu turned in his first career double-double with 14 points and 10 rebounds… Iwundu is the first freshman to put up a double-double in his first game since Michael Beasley did so in 2007.
• Senior Guard Shane Southwell had a career-high eight assists on the night... Southwell`s previous career high was six against Texas last season.
• D.J. Johnson scored 12 points on 4-of-8 shooting.. Johnson also pulled down nine rebounds.
• Marcus Foster scored eight points on 3-of-12 shooting in his collegiate debut… Foster became the 8th freshman in the last 10 years to start a season opener.
• Will Spradling scored eight points on 2-of-11 shooting and 2-of-9 from three point range… Spradling also added 5 rebounds.
• Nino Williams scored six points on 3-of-7 shooting and had three steals.