Nov. 13, 2013
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (1-1) 71– Oral Roberts (1-1) 63
Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Manhattan, Kan. – Bramlage Coliseum
- K-State is now 3-2 (.600) all-time against Oral Roberts… The Wildcats are also now 11-3 (.785) against Southland Conference schools.
- Head Coach Bruce Weber is now 341-164 (.674) all time and 28-8 overall at K-State.
- Oral Roberts Sophomore Guard Obi Emegano had a team high 24 points... Emegano was 12-of-15 from the free-throw line.
- The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of Freshman guard Marcus Foster, Senior guard Will Spradling, Senior guard Shane Southwell, Freshman forward Wesley Iwundu and Sophomore forward D.J. Johnson… This is the first time K-State has used this starting lineup this season.
- K-State is 1-0 this season when scoring when scoring over 70 points… The Wildcats are 16-1 when scoring more than 70 points in the Bruce Weber era.
- K-State shot 5-of-11 (45.5 percent) from 3-point range … The Wildcats were also 23-of-46 (50.0 percent) from the field. The last time the Wildcats shot 50 percent or better from the floor was against TCU last season.
- K-State had 14 points from its bench, with 5 points coming from Freshman guard Nigel Johnson… Johnson was one of four freshmen to play during the game… The Wildcat newcomers combined for 33 points and four rebounds on the night.
- The Wildcats had seven offensive rebounds.
- K-State allowed Oral Roberts to shoot 10 percent (1-of-10) from beyond the arc… The Eagles were 19-51 (37.3 percent) from the field and 24-of-30 (80.0 percent) from the free-throw line.
- Marcus Foster scored a team leading 25 points and added three assists. The last time a freshman scored 25 points in a game was Michael Beasley vs. Texas A&M on 3/14/2008 in the Big 12 tournament at the Sprint Center.
- Shane Southwell scored seven points…. Southwell was 3-of-7 shooting and pulled down five rebounds.
- D.J. Johnson scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting.. Johnson pulled down a team leading seven rebounds.
- Will Spradling scored 10 points… Spradling had a team high five assists on the night.
- Wesley Iwundu with his first career start scored three points.