Nov. 14, 2011
Kansas State (2-0) 74 – Loyola Chicago (0-2) 61
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• The Wildcats are now 275-92 (.749) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a losing record in games played in the Octagon of Doom with the worst home record in the arena being 8-7 twice.
• K-State has won 35 consecutive non-conference home games.
• Monday’s contest was the eighth meeting between K-State and Loyola Chicago… K-State is now 4-0 at home against the Ramblers and 9-6 against teams from the Horizon League.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup Friday night consisted of sophomore guard Will Spradling, sophomore forward Shane Southwell, junior guard Rodney McGruder, freshman forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Jordan Henriquez… This was the first time K-State has used this lineup in the regular season.
• K-State led 28-23 at halftime after scoring just six points in the first 10 minutes of the contest… The Wildcats are now 83-11 when leading at the half under Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats shot 47.1 percent (24-of-51)… They are now tallied double digits in scoring
• K-State had four players score in double digits for the second straight game.
• K-State held Loyola Chicago to 38.3 percent shooting (18-of-47)… The Wildcats are 85-23 when doing so under Frank Martin.
• Thomas Gipson had a career high in points with 19 to lead the team… Gipson shot 7-of-14 from the field and pulled down 7 rebounds.
• Will Spradling scored 15 points on the night, including a stretch in the second half where he scored seven straight for the Wildcats… He was 2-of-3 from 3-point range.
• Rodney McGruder scored 14 points on 5-of-9 shooting.
• Jordan Henriquez just missed his first career double-double as he scored 10 points and pulled down 9 rebounds.
• Redshirt freshman guard Nino Williams saw his first action of the season playing 8 minutes and posting 4 points… He made his only shot attempt on the night from 3-point range and made 1-of-2 free throws… Williams received a medical redshirt last season after appearing in only three games.
• Shane Southwell tied his career high of 6 rebounds… He tied his previous best of six rebounds in the first half alone.