Nov. 14, 2012
• Kansas State is now 287-96 (.749) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including a 3-0 (1.000) mark this season… This is the first meeting between K-State and Alabama-Huntsville.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Nino Williams and senior forward Jordan Henriquez… This was the second time K-State has used this lineup with a record of 3-0.
• This marks K-State’s third appearance in the NIT Season Tip-Off with losses at Alabama in 1994 and Arizona in 1999… The Wildcats will now head to New York to face Delaware.
• The 61 point margin of victory ties a school record which happened on Jan. 7, 1991, vs. Delaware State.
• The 36 point half time lead ties a school record for the most all time. It ties the previous record against Kennesaw State (55-19) on Dec. 17, 2006.
• The Wildcats shot 55.7% from the field, which is good enough for 5th all time at K-State.
• K-State now has a 38-game non-conference winning streak at Bramlage Coliseum and wins in their last 34 of 35 home games in November. The Wildcats are also 3-0 for the 10th consecutive season.
• Shane Southwell scored a career-high 16 points besting his previous best of 13 against Texas Tech… He shot 6-of-8 from the field and 4-of-5 beyond the arc… Southwell also pulled down a team high for rebounds with 9, which is also a career high for him.
• Angel Rodriguez dished out a game high of 6 assists… He led the team last year with 3.1 assists per game.
• Senior Forward Rodney McGruder recorded 11 points which marks the 58th time that he has scored in double figures during his Wildcat career… The wildcats are now 40-18 when McGruder scores 10 or more points.