Nov. 16, 2010
Kansas State Postgame Notes
3/3 Kansas State (2-0) 73 – 21/23 Virginia Tech (1-1) 57
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
• Today’s game was the 351st men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 260-91 (.741) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Tuesday’s contest was the first ever between K-State and Virginia Tech… K-State is now 9-8 against teams from the Atlantic Coast Conference.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup Tuesday afternoon consisted of senior guard Jacob Pullen, sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Wally Judge and junior forward Freddy Asprilla… this was the second time K-State has used this lineup this season… K-State started with this lineup in its last exhibition game as well.
• Today’s contest is just the fourth matchup of ranked opponents in Bramlage Coliseum history… it was the first such nonconference game since K-State lost to No. 17 Oregon, 80-77, on Nov. 29, 2007… K-State is now 2-2 in those games.
• Kansas State is now 27-0 when holding opponents to less than 60 points under head coach Frank Martin.
• The Wildcats scored 37 points from their bench to outscore the starters… with Jacob Pullen in foul trouble early K-State went to the bench and saw major impacts from Jamar Samuels (13), Jordan Henriquez-Roberts (10), Martavious Irving (9) and Will Spradling (5).
• K-State shot just 50.0 percent (14-of-28) from the free-throw line… the lowest last season also was 50.0 percent against Texas.
• Jacob Pullen scored 13 points on the day and now needs just 7 points to pass Cartier Martin for sixth place in K-State history.
• Rodney McGruder had a season-best 13 points on the afternoon… he also pulled down a career-high 9 rebounds.
• Martavious Irving had a career-high in 3-pointers with 3 in today’s contest… It marks the second straight game he has tied or broken his career-high for 3’s… he also set a new career-best with 9 points.
• Will Spradling played a big role on defense for the Wildcats taking 3 charges.