Kansas State (3-0) 92 – Maryland-Eastern Shore (1-4) 50
Nov. 22, 2011
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• The Wildcats are now 277-92 (.751) all-time in Bramlage Coliseum… K-State has never had a losing record in games played in the Octagon of Doom with the worst home record in the arena being 8-7 twice.
• K-State has won 36 consecutive non-conference home games.
• Tuesday’s contest was the second meeting between K-State and Maryland-Eastern Shore… K-State is now 2-0 against the Hawks and a perfect 24-0 against teams from the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference with all those wins coming at home.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup Friday night consisted of sophomore guard Will Spradling, junior guard Martavious Irving, junior guard Rodney McGruder, senior forward Jamar Samuels and freshman forward Thomas Gipson… This is the first time K-State has used this lineup this season.
• K-State shot just 37.9 percent (11-of-29) in the first half to continue the first-half struggles this season… The Wildcats shot 33.3 percent and 41.7 percent in the first half against Charleston Southern and Loyola Chicago, respectively.
• The Wildcats were much better in the second half shooting 65.6 percent (21-of-32)… K-State went on a 47-13 run to open up a 41-point lead with 5:41 to play in the game… The Wildcats have shot for a significantly higher percentage in the second half of all three games this year.
• K-State led 36-29 at halftime using a 13-5 run to close the frame after being tied at 23-23… The Wildcats are now 84-11 when leading at the half under Frank Martin.
• K-State had four players score in double digits for the third straight game… A total of 15 Wildcats saw action tonight and 13 of them scored in the victory.
• The Wildcats’ 92 points are the most since scoring 94 against Texas Tech last season on Jan. 15.
• K-State is now 19-0 in the Frank Martin era when scoring 90+ points.
• The Wildcats shot 78.3 percent (18-of-3) at the free-throw line… The last time K-State shot better at the charity stripe was against Utah State in the second round of the NCAA Tournament last season when the Wildcats went 24-of-28 for 85.7 percent.
• Thomas Gipson had 13 points and 9 rebounds … Gipson shot 5-of-8 from the field.
• Jamar Samuels made his season debut after a three-game suspension to score 12 points and pull down 3 rebounds… He was 7-of-9 at the free-throw line.
• Rodney McGruder and Martavious Irving scored 11 points apiece.
• Jeremy Jones scored a career-high 8 points on a perfect 4-of-4 shooting from the field.
• Walk-ons Brian Rohleder and Shawn Meyer saw their first action of the season… Rohleder had 1 rebound.