Nov. 22, 2010
4/4 Kansas State (4-0) 81 – 22/18 Gonzaga (2-2) 64
Sprint Center – Kansas City, Mo.
Monday, November 22, 2010
• Today’s game was the 8th time the Wildcats have played in Sprint Center… K-State is now 6-2 (.750) in games played at the Sprint Center… The Wildcats will play at least four games in the building this season with the CBE Classic again Tuesday, the Hy-Vee Wildcat Classic on Dec. 21 and the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship in March.
• Monday’s contest was the second ever between K-State and Gonzaga and the first since K-State won 66-64 at home in the 1994 Postseason NIT… K-State is now 7-3 against teams from the West Coast Conference.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup Tuesday afternoon consisted of senior guard Jacob Pullen, sophomore guard Nick Russell, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Wally Judge and junior forward Freddy Asprilla… this was the fourth time K-State has used this lineup this season… K-State started with this lineup in its last exhibition game as well.
• Today’s contest concludes the semifinals of the O’Reilly Auto Parts CBE Classic… the Wildcats will take on No. 1 Duke tomorrow in Kansas City at the Sprint Center… it will be the 17th time K-State has played a team ranked No. 1 in the nation.
• The Wildcats made 12 3-pointers tonight for a new season-high… K-State was one shy of its previous high of 10 against James Madison in the season opener in just the first half draining 9 shots from deep in the opening stanza.
• K-State broke the 80-point mark for the first time this season… The Wildcats are now 48-2 under Head Coach Frank Martin when scoring 80 or more points.
• Jacob Pullen scored 18 points on the night to lead the Wildcats… he posted a season-high 4 3-pointers , which is the most by a Wildcat this season… he is now 83 points behind Steven Henson for fifth all-time at K-State.
• Will Spradling posted a career-high in points by halftime of tonight’s contest with 11 in the first 20 minutes of play… he finished the night with a career-high 13 points hitting 2-of-4 from long range.
• Curtis Martin saw his first action of the season coming off the bench early in the first half for K-State… he finished the night with 3 points and 4 rebounds.
• Rodney McGruder just missed out on a double-double as the sophomore tallied 10 points and 9 rebounds.