Dec. 2, 2012
Kansas State 72 (6-1) – USC Upstate 53 (3-5)
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 289-96 (.751) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including a 5-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 1-0 against USC Upstate with today being the first meeting between the two teams… K-State is 8-0 against teams from the Atlantic Sun Conference after also defeating North Florida this season.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Nino Williams and sophomore forward Thomas Gipson… this was the first time time K-State has used this lineup.
• Attendance on Saturday was announced as 12,223… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,138 so far this season.
• K-State had 4 players score in double digits for the third time including wins against North Dakota and Alabama-Huntsville.
• K-State had another strong defensive showing with 21 points off turnovers… The Wildcats forced USC Upstate into 16 turnovers on the day… K-State is now averaging 17.9 points off turnovers per game this season.
• K-State pulled down 19 offensive rebounds to give the team 23 second chance points as the team continues to crash the boards this season… The Wildcats out-rebounded USC Upstate 45-37 on the day.
• Rodney McGruder tallied 22 points for a new season-high on 8-of-16 shooting on the day… It is his 14th game with 20+ points in his career… K-State is 12-2 in those games… He pulled down 7 rebounds and was a perfect 5-of-5 at the free-throw line.
• Omari Lawrence hit back-to-back 3-pointers in the closing minutes of the first half to help extend the lead… He finished the day with 10 points for a new career-high… Lawrence shot 3-of-7 from the field and 2-of-3 from long range.
• Adrian Diaz nearly had a perfect day scoring 10 points on 4-of-4 shooting and 2-of-4 from the free-throw line… He missed his two free throws with 2:09 remaining in the game.
• Thomas Gipson posted 11 points on 5-of-9 shooting and used 4 offensive rebounds to contribute to the team’s second chance points… He pulled down 7 rebounds total.
• Nino Williams led the team with 9 rebounds on the day (5 off, 4 def).