Dec. 6, 2010
5/5 Kansas State (8-1) 89 – Alcorn State (0-7) 55
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
Monday, December 6, 2010
• Today’s game was the 355th men’s game for K-State in Bramlage Coliseum… The Wildcats are now 264-91 (.744) all-time in games played in Bramlage Coliseum.
• Monday’s contest was the first time K-State has faced Alcorn State… The Wildcats are now 7-0 against teams from the Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC).
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted of senior guard Jacob Pullen, freshman guard Will Spradling, sophomore guard Rodney McGruder, junior forward Freddy Asprilla and senior forward Curtis Kelly… This is the first time this season this starting lineup has been used.
• K-State has won 34 of its last 35 home games in December dating back to the 2002-03 season, including a current streak of 21 straight back to the 2004-05 season.
• K-State scored 32 points off the bench tonight… The Wildcats have scored 20+ from the bench in eight of nine contests this season.
• K-State converted 19 turnovers by Alcorn State into 24 points… The Wildcats are now 47-5 in the Frank Martin era when scoring 20+ points off opponents’ mistakes… Alcorn State scored only 7 points off of 13 K-State turnovers.
• The Wildcats are now 51-2 under Frank Martin when scoring 80 or more points… They are also 23-0 when allowing fewer than 60 points.
• K-State scored 23 second chance points tonight off of 25 offensive rebounds… The Wildcats allowed Alcorn State to pull down 17 offensive boards but to convert that into only 9 points… The last time K-State had 25+ offensive rebounds in a game was against South Dakota last season with 29… The 34 defensive rebounds and 59 total rebounds also are a season-highs.
• K-State had season-highs for free throws and free-throw attempts… K-State was 23-of-40 at the charity stripe.
• Jacob Pullen scored 24 points to give him 1,650 for his career… He needs 6 to pass Steve Henson for fifth in scoring all-time at K-State and 36 to pass Bob Boozer for fourth.
• Jamar Samuels posted a season-high 16 points and career-high 14 rebounds… It marks his fifth career double-double… K-State is a perfect 5-0 in those games.
• The following players posted career-highs in points scored: Juevol Myes (5), Alex Potuzak (2), Devon Peterson (1).