Dec. 10, 2013
Kansas State Postgame Notes
Kansas State (6-3) 64 – South Dakota (3-6) 62
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Manhattan, Kan. | Bramlage Coliseum
• K-State is now 1,535-1,080 all-time in its history.
• Head coach Bruce Weber is now 346-167 all-time and 33-11 at K-State.
• Today’s match-up marked the ninth time the two schools have faced each other with K-State winning all nine meetings… The two-point win was the closest in the series.
• K-State moved 20-0 vs. current members of the Summit League, including 19-0 mark at home.
• K-State improved to 63-3 at home in non-conference play dating back to the 2006-07 season… The Wildcats have now won 52 of their last 53 non-conference home games.
• The Wildcats’ starting lineup consisted of freshman guard Marcus Foster, senior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Shane Southwell, freshman forward Wesley Iwundu and junior forward Thomas Gipson… This is the fourth time K-State has used this starting lineup this season with the Wildcats winning all four match-ups.
• Foster and Spradling have started all nine games, while Iwundu and Southwell have started eight in a row… Foster and Iwundu have started together each of the last seven games.
• K-State has now held seven of nine opponents to below 65 points this season.
• K-State out-rebounded South Dakota, 39-32, marking the fifth consecutive game the Wildcats have out-rebounded their opponents…The team is now 25-2 under head coach Bruce Weber when out-rebounding their opponent, including 5-1 this season.
• K-State forced South Dakota into 18 turnovers, scoring 15 points off these miscues… The team has scored double-digit points off of turnovers in seven games, including four in a row.
• K-State grabbed 18 offensive rebounds compared to just six for South Dakota… The Wildcats converted those 18 offensive boards into 19 second-chance points… This is the second time this season that K-State has had 19 second-chance points.
• K-State had 16 points off the bench, including nine by senior guard Omari Lawrence.
• Marcus Foster also scored in double figures with game-tying 18 points… He has now scored in double figures in eight consecutive games… Foster also had a team-leading and career-high four assists to go with a team-tying three steals.
• Thomas Gipson continued his strong play of late, finishing with 13 points on 4-of-8 shooting… He has scored in double figures in five consecutive games and 27 times in his career… Gipson led the team with eight rebounds.
• Omari Lawrence was the energy in the game with nine points… He also had three steals and two assists in a career-high 29 minutes.
• Shane Southwell had a nice shooting night with 17 points on 7-of-14 field goals to go with six rebounds in 35 minutes… He has now scored in double figures in 18 times in his career.