Dec. 22, 2012
Kansas State 67 (9-2) – No. 8/9 Florida 61 (8-2)
Sprint Center – Kansas City, Mo.
• Kansas State is now 8-6 all-time in the Sprint Center, which includes four trips to the Phillips 66 Big 12 Championship and the 2010 CBE Classic… The Wildcats are now 1-1 against Florida with both meetings coming in the last three seasons … K-State is 157-144 against teams from the Southeastern Conference most of that record came against current SEC schools Missouri (119-116) and Texas A&M (17-7) when they were in the Big 12.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… this was the second time time K-State has used this lineup… The team is 2-0 in those games.
• Attendance on Saturday was announced as 16,303.
• K-State is now 38-114 all-time against teams ranked in the Top 10 of the AP Poll… The Wildcats have four of those wins over the last two seasons with three last year… It was the first regular season nonconference win over a Top 10 opponent since defeating No. 8 Minnesota on Dec. 21, 1981 by the score of 62-52.
• The Wildcats held a 33-23 lead at the half after holding Florida to 30.8 percent (8-of-26) shooting in the opening frame… K-State held the Gators to 61 points, more than 12 below their average of 73.4 points on the season entering tonight’s contest.
• K-State distributed the ball well on offense again on Saturday with 16 assists to 10 turnovers… That is 37 assists over the last two games for K-State.
• The Wildcats outrebounded Florida 36-27 on the night… 25 defensive rebounds helped limit Florida to just 10 second chance points… K-State is 9-0 when outrebounding their opponents this season.
• Will Spradling scored 17 points on the night for a new season-high… He was 3-of-8 from 3-point range… The guard pulled down 6 rebounds and had 5 assists… K-State is 4-0 when he leads the team in scoring.
• Rodney McGruder tallied 13 points to go with 6 rebounds and 3 assists… He was 5-of-6 at the free-throw line.
• Jordan Henriquez put together a complete game with 9 points 2-of-3 shooting and 5-of-9 at the free-throw line while pulling down 6 rebounds and swatting 5 blocks.