Dec. 31, 2012
Kansas State 70 (11-2) – South Dakota 50 (6-9)
Bramlage Coliseum – Manhattan, Kan.
• Kansas State is now 293-96 (.753) all-time at Bramlage Coliseum, including an 8-0 (1.000) mark this season… The Wildcats are now 8-0 against South Dakota … K-State is 37-1 against teams from the Summit League, including 32-0 at home… The Wildcats have won 30 straight nonconference home games in December.
• The starting lineup for tonight’s contest consisted sophomore guard Angel Rodriguez, junior guard Will Spradling, senior guard Rodney McGruder, sophomore forward Thomas Gipson and junior forward Shane Southwell… K-State is now 2-0 when using this lineup.
• Attendance on Monday was announced as 12,230… K-State averaged 12,783 last season to rank 25th in the nation in attendance… Wildcat fans are averaging 12,631 so far this season.
• Rodney McGruder has now seen action in 89 consecutive games dating back to his sophomore season, including 80 straight starts… His 89 consecutive games played rank ninth in school history, while 80 consecutive starts are eclipsed by just three others.
• Will Spradling has now seen action in 46 consecutive games and in all 80 career games.
• The Wildcats held South Dakota to just 18 points in the first half on 20 percent shooting, including just 12.5 percent from 3-point range… Overall the squad is allowing just 23.2 points in the first half this season on 34.5 percent shooting, including 22.7 percent from long range.
• K-State out-rebounded South Dakota today 39-24… The Wildcats pulled down 11 offensive rebounds resulting in 15 second chance points… K-State is now 11-0 when out-rebounding opponents this season.
• The Wildcats defense limited South Dakota to only 4 assists… It marked the lowest assist total for an opponent this season as the Coyotes shot 16-of-49 (32.7 percent).
• Rodney McGruder tallied 15 points and led the team with 9 rebounds.
• Shane Southwell scored 12 points and dished out a career-high 6 assists… K-State is now 6-0 when he scores 10+ or has 5+ assists.
• Nino Williams scored a career-high 16 points in the game and was 7-of-10 shooting… It marked the first time in his career he led the Wildcats in scoring.
• Will Spradling joined Williams, McGruder and Southwell in double digit scoring with 11 points… He shot 2-of-6 from deep and hit all three his free throws after being fouled on a 3-point attempt.