MBB Student Early Entry Program Continues in 13-14
MBB Student Early Entry Program Continues in 13-14
Oct. 15, 2013
MANHATTAN, Kan. – With “Madness in Manhattan” less than two weeks away, K-State Athletics, the K-State student athletic advisory team and the K-State Student Governing Association (SGA) today issued information on the men’s basketball early entry rewards program for K-State students.
The program is intended to encourage student attendance at all home games, while creating a priority entry system for selected men’s games at Bramlage Coliseum.
“This year's early entry procedure for the home basketball games is a testament to the great relationship K-State students have with K-State Athletics,” said K-State student body president Eli Schooley. “The value our athletics department places on students is unique and unlike what is found at other Big 12 universities and across the nation. We're looking forward to an incredible season!”
K-State student pass holders will earn early entry points for attending men’s basketball games. Early entry points will be used to determine the entry times for marquee men’s basketball games beginning with the Big Monday matchup against KU on Feb. 10.
Students attending the Feb. 10 contest will be segmented into four early-entry tiers. The points required to be within each tier for the K-State vs. KU men’s basketball game will be:
• Tier 1: 15 Points
• Tier 2: 14 to 11 Points
• Tier 3: 10 to 7 Points
• Tier 4: 6 to 0 Points
The exact early entry times for the K-State vs. KU game will be determined at a later date and will depend on the number of students per tier. Students will be required to be in-line at Bramlage Coliseum approximately 30 minutes prior to their entry time.
The first opportunity for men’s basketball pass holders to earn points will be Friday, Oct. 25, at Madness in Manhattan in Bramlage Coliseum. Although the event is free, students who wish to earn a point will need to have their student pass scanned at the southeast entrance of Bramlage.
The final game to earn early entry points for the K-State vs. KU game will be the K-State vs. Texas men’s basketball game Saturday, Feb. 8. Students within each tier will pick-up a special wristband at to-be-determined locations on Sunday, Feb. 9, and Monday, Feb. 10.
Students may also receive a make-up point for purchasing a ticket to the Gonzaga game at Intrust Arena on Dec. 21 in Wichita. Student tickets for the neutral site game will go on sale beginning with ICAT pass holders Monday, Nov. 4, Combo pass holders Tuesday, Nov. 5, and all K-State students Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Bramlage Coliseum Ticket Office beginning at 8:30 a.m.
Students will also have the chance to donate their student pass to a Fort Riley soldier and their families for the Thanksgiving and winter breaks. Students who choose to donate their student pass for the Thanksgiving break game against Central Arkansas on Dec. 1 will earn one early entry point. The deadline to donate a student pass for the Thanksgiving break will be Friday, Nov. 22.
Students may also donate their student pass for the following home basketball games over the winter break.
• Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2013 - K-State vs. George Washington
• Saturday, Jan. 4, 2014 - K-State vs. Oklahoma State
• Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014 - K-State vs. Oklahoma
• Saturday, Jan. 18, 2014 - K-State vs. West Virginia
Students who choose to donate their student pass for the winter break games will earn a total of one early entry point. The deadline to donate a student pass for the Winter Break games will be Friday, Dec. 20. Students who choose to donate their student pass will not have access to attend the games listed above. All student pass donations will occur online and information on how to donate student passes will be sent via email after the beginning of the season.
In the event that a K-State Football bowl game conflicts with a men’s basketball home game, students who have purchased a bowl game ticket through the K-State Ticket Office will have the option to donate their basketball pass to a Fort Riley soldier to receive one point. Details on how to donate will be released if necessary.
For more information on the men’s basketball student early entry program visit www.kstatesports.com/earlyentry.
Students are also reminded of the following game-day policies:
• Every game included in your student pass package will be counted toward your point total. Students will earn one point for attending each men’s basketball game.
• Only one pass per student may be scanned. Students attempting to scan multiple passes may be ejected from the gameand lose any early entry points earned.
• To receive a point, student pass holders must be in Bramlage Coliseum no later than 15 minutes after tipoff.
• Every three games, students will receive an email with their current point total.
• For early entry games, each tier for ICAT and GA members will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the same time.
• For all home games before the game vs. KU, students will enter Bramlage Coliseum at the southeast Entry.
• Student seating is first-come, first-served in Bramlage Coliseum for all games and is based on availability and demand. Due to increased ticket sales, possession of a student pass does not guarantee entry into the arena. It is suggested that students arrive early for high-demand games.
• Students are not allowed to “camp” for home games. Students may begin lining up for home contests no earlier than 6 a.m. on the day of the game.
• K-State Athletics may utilize the early-entry points program for other home contests if attendance beyond capacity is expected. Students will be notified via email no less than one week prior to each game that early-entry procedures will be in effect.
• Students are required to present their student pass card and show a valid K-State student ID for admittance. • General admission pass-holders will be allowed to fill any open seats in the ICAT section 30 minutes prior to tipoff.
Questions regarding the student early entry program may be directed to Adam Prough in the Fan Experience office at (785) 532.6650 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.